Sequel: Hell Hath No Fury
Status: Active

Trust Issues

Chapter 2

The jet ride to Stuttgart was rather uneventful compared to the previous few hours. Kate sat by herself towards the back of the highjacked SHIELD jet and minded her own business as Loki silently brooded by himself towards the front of the jet. After about an hour of silence, Kate finally gave into her curiosity and broke the silence.
“So...Why Stuttgart?” Loki lifted his gaze towards her but didn’t respond, so she decided to continue. “Do you have a sudden craving for bratwurst and sauerkraut, or is there an actual method behind your...madness?”
Loki smiled before replying softly, “I am attending a party.”
“Huh.” Kate crossed her arms across her chest, “You don’t seem like the partying type.”
“We will not stay long, I need only retrieve something and we will leave.” Kate nodded slightly at this until she processed what he had said.
“Wait.” She held up hands, “Did you say ‘we?’”
“Yes.” Loki nodded slightly. “You will be attending with me as my, what is the term you Midgardians use, oh yes, ‘date.’” He stared at her, waiting to gauge her reaction.
“Well, this should be fun.” She finally stated.
“Quite.” He replied.

Once they landed in Stuttgart, there was a car waiting to drive them to an opulent hotel downtown, where they were supposedly going to “prepare” for the evening. When they entered the hotel suite, there were two garment bags awaiting them. Loki took one and motioned for Kate to take the other. She did so, and unzipped the bag skeptically. Her eyes widened in shock.
“No can do, boss.” She held up the beautiful emerald colored evening gown and addressed Loki, who was already making his way to the bedroom to change.
“Is there a problem.” Loki regarded her with a mix of curiosity and suppressed rage.
“I don’t do dresses, especially floor length ball gowns.”
“You will ‘do’ what I tell you Miss Poole.” He took a menacing step towards her, his green eyes flashing. “Now put on the dress before I decide to put it on you myself which, I assure you, I would thoroughly enjoy.”
Kate regarded Loki warily, rather annoyed with herself for actually contemplating what it would be like if Loki decided to carry out his threat to dress her. She hugged the dress to her chest and started backing up towards the other bedroom to change.
“Pity.” Loki murmured. “I would have very much enjoyed helping you dress.” His gaze ran leisurely up and down her body with appreciation before her turned and strode into his room to change. Kate thought about the look Loki had just given her with confusion. Could he possibly be interested in her beyond a professional capacity? Although she wouldn’t admit it to anyone, Loki excited her in ways that a bad guy like him shouldn’t. Kate contemplated this as she made her way into her room, closed the door, and pulled her phone out of her bra. She sent a quick text to Agent Coulson informing him of their current location and hoping that they would get to Germany before Loki did something drastic. After she sent the text, Kate proceeded to change out of her jeans and jacket, and into the green dress. She was just about to reach behind and zip the dress up, when she felt her hands being brushed away and replaced by larger, cooler ones. She looked up and into the mirror to see Loki standing behind her zipping her dress up, his head bent towards hers.
“You look ravishing.” He said softly as he finished zipping her up and rested his hands lightly on her bare shoulders. Kate turned to face him and was about to reply to his comment when she noticed what Loki was wearing. The designer suit he had donned fit his lean body like a glove, it’s dark color complemented Loki’s dark hair and light complexion perfectly. Around his neck he wore some sort of checkered green scarf that was almost the exact shade of Kate’s dress.
“You clean up nice, boss.” Was all Kate could manage to say.
“As do you, Miss Poole.” He smiled. “That color suits you.” Kate looked down her dress, as if noticing it for the first time. “Now, we should be on our way. I should hate to be late.”

Loki helped Kate out of the black Mercedes that had delivered them to the so called “party”. He offered her his arm, which she took, and then proceeded to lead her into the beautiful columned building. They made their way up a flight of stairs that led to the second floor, which overlooked the grand ballroom in which the party was being held. Loki directed them towards another flight of stairs that led down to the party below, his staff, which he had transformed into a sort of glowing cane, tapping the marble floors as they walked. When they reached the marble staircase, Loki turned to Kate, lifted her hand to his lips, and whispered,
“This will only take but a moment, my dear.” He then turned away from her and made his way down the steps and towards a man who was apparently giving a toast in the middle of the crowd. When a man in a black suit tried to stop him, Loki promptly used his cane as a club and knocked him out cold, and then made his way to his supposed target. Kate watched in horror as he grabbed the man by his collar and dragged him across the floor and flipped him onto the stone table in the center of the ballroom. He then pulled some sort of device out of his coat pocket and placed it on the poor man’s eye, who then started screaming his head off. Although Kate couldn’t see Loki’s face, she would bet a months pay that he had that twisted smile on his face.
“That guy really knows how to make an entrance.” Kate muttered as she pulled out her phone, not caring if Loki noticed, and called Coulson.
“Coulson.” he answered.
“You guys better be close, cause Loki’s creating one hell of a shit storm right now.” Kate mumbled as she kicked off her heels and started running down the stairs towards Loki.
“Captain Rogers and Agent Romonoff are almost there, try to stall him.” Coulson replied.
“Stall him!” she responded, exasperated. “Contrary to popular belief Coulson, I’m only human! This guys a freakin’ god for christ’s sake!”
“You’ll think of something.” He stated calmly before hanging up.
“Asshole.” Kate swore as she tried to push her way through all the fleeing people, but before she could make it to Loki, he had left his victim lying limp on the table as he walked calmly towards the exit, his battle armor glimmering into place along with a massive horned helmet. He made his way outside and proceeded to order all of the civilians in the area to kneel before him. Kate watched from the distance in horror, feeling helpless without even a gun to aid her in protecting not only herself, but all the innocent people that Loki was traumatizing. But thankfully before he could wreak any more havoc, reinforcements finally arrived in the form of Captain America and the Black Widow.
Kate breathed a sigh of semi relief as she watched Captain America fend off Loki, but the relief was short lived when she realized that the Captain was no match for the God of Mischief. She ran towards the fight, intending to join in just as the Captain’s gun was kicked out of his hand by Loki, and towards her. She ran towards it, picked it up and fired about three shots at Loki’s head. Although the bullets didn’t even faze him, he looked around for the other threat, and when he spotted her with the gun in her hands, his eyes grew dark and he let out a yell of rage as he charged towards her.
“You lying little whore!” he screamed at her. “I swear I will make you pay for your betrayal!” He pointed his staff directly at her heart, but before he could fire it a red and gold blur came out of no where and knocked Loki to the ground. Before he could recover, the man in the metal suit landed and trained all his weapons Loki. So, this must be Stark, Kate thought as she took a deep breath in order to calm her nerves.
“Make a move, reindeer games.” Loki’s armor disappeared, along with his staff. “Good move.” Captain Rogers came up next to Stark, and stared down at Loki.
“Mr. Stark.” He muttered.
“Captain.” Stark replied before leaning down to grab Loki’s arm and haul him to his feet, he then turned to Kate who was standing a few feet away, Captain Rogers’ gun still clutched in her hand. “And you must be the little undercover agent Coulson told me about, Agent...”
“Poole, sir, Katherine Poole.” She could have sworn she heard Loki laugh before Stark started dragging him towards the SHIELD jet that was waiting for them. This is going to be a long flight, Kate groaned inwardly.