Sequel: Hell Hath No Fury
Status: Active

Trust Issues

Chapter 4

Now, I will make you pay...
Kate’s eyes widened in fear as Loki whispered in her ear. An involuntary shudder wracked her body as Loki moved closer, pressing his chest and hips hard against her, effectively immobilizing her. She tried to reach down to grab the knife strapped to her thigh, but Loki caught her wrist in his brutal grip, forcing her to drop the knife in the dust at their feet. He then grabbed both her wrists in one hand and pinned them above her head, his free hand moving to rest on her bare thigh. He ran his hand leisurely up her leg, over her hip and finally settled it on her waist before whispering in her ear again.
“How does it feel, my dear Kate?” His hand moved up slowly to cup her breast, his fingers tracing the skin that showed above the green silk of her ruined dress. “How does it feel to be completely helpless and at my mercy?” Kate closed her eyes and took a deep breath before responding.
“Who says I’m helpless?” She moved her head to stare up at him defiantly.
“Oh, I assure you,” Loki reached down, wrapped his hands around her thighs, and forced her legs to encircle his hips, effectively bringing their bodies even closer together. “you are quite helpless.” Loki laughed at Kate’s surprised expression before he continued “Now, what should your punishment be I wonder? I should kill you here and now for your betrayal, but there is something about you that interests me.” He reached up to rub his thumb across her bottom lip. “I think I shall have a little fun with you before I exact my revenge.” Before Kate could respond, Loki buried his fingers in her hair and brought his lips down hard onto hers in a bruising kiss, pushing her farther up the rock wall behind her. Kate’s eyes widened in surprise before she started to struggle against the immovable barrier of Loki’s body, her fingers gripped the green and black leather of his coat as she tried to force him away from her. But after a few moments of futile struggling, her resolution wavered as her eyelids began to droop and her hands loosened their hold on his coat before sliding up to rest on his broad shoulders as she gave in to his kiss. Her head swam with all the emotions that were going through her. Feelings of hatred, frustration, helplessness, and most disturbingly, lust, overtook her mind as she clung to the God of Mischief as if he were some sort of lifeline. Loki smiled against her lips at her enthusiasm before he leaned back to look down at her, a mocking glint in his green eyes.
“I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on you that you were a passionate woman.”
He slowly untangled his fingers from her hair and moved them to the now shortened hem of her gown, which he began to lift higher and higher up her legs until her lower body was exposed to the cool night air. “One who would be unable to resist the allure of a god like me.” As he spoke, he slowly traced his fingers up the sensitive skin of her inner thighs until he reached the silken barrier of her panties. Before he could go any further though, Kate finally snapped out of her passion-filled trance and renewed her struggle against him.
“Let me go you insane bastard!” She yelled as she unwrapped her legs from around his hips and began kicking him in the shins. “Let me go or I swear rip your heart out!”
Loki laughed at her threats and her struggling.
“Who said I had a heart, my dear?” He leaned forward and nuzzled her neck. “Now be a good little mortal and kiss your king.” When she didn’t stop struggling, Loki finally lost his patience. “Enough!” He shouted as he grabbed her by the neck and slammed Kate hard against the side of the cliff, knocking the wind out of her. “Cease your useless struggles before I snap your neck like a twig, you deceitful little slut!” Kate gasped for breath and tried to pry Loki’s hands from her throat as he tightened his grip around it. Her vision darkened and her ears rang from the lack of oxygen as her fingers grew weak and feel limply to her sides. She felt the darkness surrounding her, but before it could completely take her, she heard the cocking of a gun to their left and the sound of Natasha’s voice.
“Let her go, Loki.” Loki tore his gaze from Kate to glare at Natasha, before finally removing his hands from Kate’s neck. She fell to the ground, gasping for breath, barley aware of the sound of the familiar male voices joining the group. She then felt Natasha at her side, helping her up and wrapping a supportive arm around her shoulders. She looked to her right and saw Loki being led back to the jet by both the mystery man in the red cape and Tony Stark. Loki turned his head over his shoulder to glare daggers at Kate.
“This is far from over, Kate.” He threatened before they disappeared down the rocky path. Kate shuddered.
“Jesus Christ, Kate!” Natasha turned to stare at her. “What the hell happened?” Kate’s throat was still too sore to talk to she just shook her head slowly. Plus, she was still wondering the same thing her self. Kate was still extremely confused, and ashamed, about what had happened between her and Loki. His affect on her was both surprising and disturbing to say the least. Natasha opened her mouth to speak, probably to force a more specific answer from Kate, but before she could, Captain Rogers approached them and offered to help Kate back to the jet. Before she could say that she was fine to walk by herself, the always chivalrous Captain America swept her into his arms and made his way down the path and back to the jet. Kate looked over the Captain’s shoulder at Natasha who was following closely behind and rolled her eyes. Although she wouldn’t admit it, Kate was frightened. If SHEILD thought they could keep a man like Loki locked up, they were sadly mistaken. And when Loki finally did escape, which he would, he would be coming for her.