Sequel: Hell Hath No Fury
Status: Active

Trust Issues

Chapter 6

Kate stormed down one of the brightly lit hallways of the Helicarrier, her determined stride eating up the metal floor and the look on her face drawing the attention of everyone she passed. But Kate didn’t notice or stop to acknowledge any of them for she was too intent on her destination to care. Kate practically seethed with anger whenever she thought of the green eyed God of Mischief, and she thought about him many times during her trek through the Helicarrier. The threats and the physical attacks she could almost deal with, but when Loki invaded her dreams and played with her mind, Kate lost it. That was the icing on the cake, the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. Now it was payback time. Kate was devising ways in which to exact her revenge, when she heard a familiar deep voice call her name. She groaned inwardly and rolled her eyes in frustration before turning around to face the source of the stern voice.
“Director Fury.” She straightened her posture and put her hands behind her back. “I was just on my way to take care of something.”
“Really?” He approached her. “It looked to me like you were marching into battle, Agent Poole.” Kate suppressed a crazed giggle as she thought to herself, you have no idea.
“Do you need something, Director?” She asked, hoping he’d reply negatively, so that she could continue on her “quest.”
“As a matter of fact, I do.” He replied. “Follow me, Poole.” He immediately turned on his heel and made his was in the opposite direction of Kate’s destination. Kate reluctantly followed. He led her to a small conference room and closed the door behind them, and without any pretense, stated what he wanted of her.
“I want you to interrogate the prisoner.” Kate stared at him, dumbstruck and speechless. “Is that a problem, Poole?”
“No, sir.” She replied quickly. “Why would it be?”
“Well, your history with the prisoner isn’t exactly a bright one.” He crossed his arms in front of his chest. “I was told that he threatened you, both verbally and physically.”
“Who told--” Kate paused to think about it. “Natasha.” She hissed under her breath.
“Don’t hold it against her.” Fury shrugged. “Agent Romanoff was just doing her job by telling me.” He unfolded his arms and placed his hands on the table in front of him and leaned forward. “Now, back to the matter at hand. I want you to question Loki and see what kind of intel you can worm out of him.”
“And what makes you think he’ll tell me anything?”
“I think that perhaps you underestimate your...charms, Agent Poole.” He turned around and made his way for the door, but stopped right before reaching it and turned back to face Kate. “You have my permission to use any means necessary to get the information out of our guest--within reason.
“Yes, sir.” Fury nodded and walked out of the room, leaving Kate alone. She smiled to herself as she muttered.
“By any means necessary. I can do that.”

Kate stood outside the door of the room in which Loki’s cell was located. She took a deep breath before scaning her access card and walking through the door and into the vault like room. She spotted Loki instantly, standing in his cell with his back to her. She approached the glass cell and cleared her throat.
“Well, if it isn’t my dearest Katie.” He turned his body around to face her, crossing his arms behind his back as he did so. His green eyes ran up and down her body, a hungry glint glowing in their depths as he took in her standard issue, skin tight SHIELD uniform. “My, but don’t you look ravishing. Although I much prefer you in a gown, I must say you look positively good enough to eat in that outfit.” He approached the glass wall of the cell. “I can just imagine unzipping that suit and--”
“Are you quite finished.” Kate crossed her arms as she cut him off.
“My, my. Someone is a bit touchy.” Loki turned around and walked slowly back to the bunk on the other side of the cell and sat down with a flourish. “What could possibly be the matter, my darling?” He rested his elbows on his knees and leaned forward. “Trouble sleeping perhaps?”
“Funny you should ask.” Kate murmured between clenched teeth. Loki just smiled and changed the subject.
“So what brings you here to my present abode, Agent Poole?” He questioned, putting unnecessary emphasis on the “agent” part. “Business or pleasure?”
“A little bit of both actually.” She replied.
“Is that so? How...intriguing.” He leaned back a little, making himself more comfortable. “Please, do go on.” Kate took a deep breath as she tried to control her temper. The last thing she wanted was to make Loki think that he affected her the way he did.
“My business, if you must know, is to interrogate you, using any means necessary I might add. And it would give me great amounts of pleasure in beating the living shit out of you.” She stated calmly, though her words betrayed her current feelings.
“Why, whatever for?” Loki placed a slender hand over his heart in mock offense.
“Don’t pretended like you don’t know what I’m talking about, Loki.” Kate pointed an accusing finger at him as she continued. “Not only did you almost kill me, but my boss was about ready to do the same thing because of you! Not to mention that stunt you pulled last night which was the last frigging straw!” Kate stared at him through the glass, her eyes like daggers.
“To what stunt are you referring, my dear? I believe there have have been many in the last twenty four hours or so.” Kate seethed, but managed to keep her voice level when she responded.
“I’m talking about that disgusting dream you put in my head.” Loki just shrugged his shoulders and smiled.
“You made your bed when you betrayed me, my dear.” He stood up from the bunk and approached the wall of the cell again with slow, calculated strides. “Now I’m only making you lay in it--as it were.” He placed a slender hand under his chin and stroked it thoughtfully. “What is it you mortals say? ‘payback is a bitch?’”
“You sure do have some interesting ideas about revenge you twisted bastard.”
“You have now idea.” Loki stated as he laughed softly.
“Mind giving me an idea maybe?” Kate questioned.
“Let’s just say,” he paused dramatically, before he turned his piercing gaze on her, a feral smile playing on his lips, “I enjoy playing with my food before I devour it.” Kate mentally shuddered at this comment.
“So your going to eat me?” She questioned, trying to act nonchalant, but failing miserably.
“Something like that.” He murmured before turning his back on her in an obvious form of dismissal.
“We’re not finished yet, Loki.” She addressed his back angrily.
“Oh, I believe we are, Kate.” He looked over his shoulder at her and smiled.
“Like hell.” She relied. “I still have a few questions to ask you.”
“And what will you give me in return I wonder?”
“Excuse me?” Kate stared at his back, confused.
“I said,” Loki turned again to face her, “what will you give me in return for the answers to your questions?”
“What exactly do you want?” Kate asked as she stared at him suspiciously.
“I want you.” He stated plainly, every ounce of jest gone from his countenance.
“Wh--what?” Kate whispered as she stared at him in horror. Loki began approaching her, his steps graceful yet lethal at the same time.
“I want your heart.” He whispered harshly. “Your soul.” As he spoke, his strides quickened until he was standing barely a foot away from Kate, the glass wall of the cell the only thing separating them. “I want your body and your mind.” He placed his hand above his head and leaned forward. Kate took an involuntary step back. “I want all of you.” He stated, his voice low and menacing. “Now the question is, Agent Poole, what are you wiling to sacrifice?” Kate desperately searched her mind for a biting response to that question. One that would both get some sort of information out of him, but would, more importantly, cover up the fact that he scared the hell out of her. But before she could even form a reply, she was saved by the sound of the door opening.
“Agent Poole.” Kate turned away from Loki to face the person standing in the doorway.
“Coulson?”
“Mr. Stark wishes to have a word with you in the lab if your not otherwise engaged.” He stared pointedly over her shoulder at Loki who had since straightened his posture and was now glaring at Coulson for having interrupted their conversation.
“What could Stark possibly want from me?”
“He didn’t say.” Coulson didn’t elaborate, he just stood in the doorway waiting for her. Kate turned back to face Loki.
“Well, I guess this--interrogation is just going to have to wait.” She murmured as she turned and walked towards the door. The door was just about to close behind her when Loki’s voice followed her out.
“I always get what I want, Agent Poole. Never forget that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for the comments and support of my story!!! Your interest and support makes me smile :)