Leopold Lane

Prologue

Ugh, Mondays… The very bane of my existence. I shouldn’t have —3— stayed up so late —2— watching the latest season of —1— How I Met Your Mother.

Dada dun da dun dada dun da dun… Dada dun da dun dada dun da dun…

“Right…” He reaches over his shoulder, disarming the godawful systematic melody of Marimba. “Forgot I set up that bloody alarm.” Rolling under and over and in the deep of his sheets, he decides it’s time to get ready.

He puts on some pants after searching for a missing slipper and with the running of fingers through his dark disheveled mess of hair, he is ready enough to tackle the day.

From under his bed, he retrieves his “man-satchel” laptop bag and stuffs within it various paraphernalia that include: two Pilot pens, 0.7 and 1.0; a 2B Staedtler graphite pencil complementing his Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser; a set of 24 Faber Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils, quality stuff; and a standard one subject college ruled notebook. Satisfied, he scurries down the steps, whizzes through the living room, and explodes into the kitchen.

“Yes, bacon!” He cheerfully loads his plate with rice, six thin and crispy slices, and an egg over-easy; all of which is quickly devoured within a matter of minutes. “Hmm, seems like everyone else is already gone. Best be on my way.”

And so, stepping out the door with arms akimbo, he exclaims to the waking world, “You got this, Leopold!”