Leopold Lane

5

“You are going to need a partner for this activity.” Mrs. Luna instructs, “Don’t just look for a friend, find someone new!”

Oh gosh, I hate these things. Wait! Tony is in my row, I’ll just…

“For five minutes you are going to interview your partner. Get to know them a little. Be prepared for a small presentation.” Mrs. Luna continues, “Now… let’s get started!”

I look back at Tony… but it seems he’s already got a partner. Madeline! Outrageous! How could he do this to me?! I guess I never told him anyway. But still… he’s my friend and should know I hate these kinds of things. I keep looking at those two until he figures it out and lips the word sorry in my direction. Now what do I do…

“Are you just going to keep staring like that?” Sophie interrupts, “You do know that kind of stuff is pretty creepy.”

What does she know about creepy… a girl like her… with her… creepy colorful persona. I don’t know. But I ain’t creepy!

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!” she interjects.

Sheesh woman, chill out. Now I’m really starting to dislike her. I divert my attention. “Sorry… just kind of disappointed.” I finally begin.

“Why, you don’t want me?” she quickly adds while looking straight at me, dead in the face. Now I’m really starting to get nervous…

“No, you seem nice…” I say carefully with a crooked smile, “Would you like to be my partner?”

“Sure! But just don’t stare blankly at me now, okay?” she reassures me with a cheeky smile.

“Okay…”