Crossroads of Destiny

Chapter 13:I wanted out!

Chapter 13: I Wanted Out!

"Wow." I gasped. I was out of breath and suddenly exhausted.

"Yeah.. " He whispered back. His forehead was still pressed against mine. Suddenly, the door opened.

"Frank Ie-" She paused at the threshold as she saw her position, and smiled. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." She teased, a bigger grin set upon he face. Yes! She wasn't a homophobe!

"No that's okay. We were just finishing up round two.." Gerard licked his lips. My mouth fell open in extreme horror and humiliation. Gerard and the nurse just laughed.
I crossed my arms and pouted. He kissed my pouted lips and laid me down on the bed. He then leaned in and kissed me hard on the mouth.

"Gerard! The nurse!" I shot a glance at her, she was still smiling. She did look a little uncomfortable though..

Gerard sat up and laughed..

"Frank Iero?" The nurse tried again. " You will need a few more tests but you should be free to go by Thursday." It was Tuesday! I couldn't wait! I looked at Gerard, surprised and happy.. But my face fell when I saw that he wasn't smiling back at me. In fact, he looked downright upset.

Didn't he want t go be able to be outside again? I wanted out!

"Wait, are you going to be my nurse for the whole time?" I asked..

"Yes."

"What's your name?" If I was going to trust her with my insides, then I at east wanted to know her name.

"Carla." He responded cheerfully. She left then, after giving us one last smile.

"I like her." Gerard said.

"So do I."

A few awkward minutes passed before anyone spoke again. Gerard then broke the silence.

"You shouldn't leave the hospital." He said gravely, not looking at me. He played with his fingers nervously, waiting for a response.

"Why? You don't want me to leave?" I looked at him with hurt in my eyes. He must not like me.

"It's not that I don't want you to leave, it's just... I don't want you to get hurt again."

Oh..