Crossroads of Destiny

Chapter 15:

Chapter 15:

I'd had enough time in the hospital.. I was so glad to finally walk out into the sunlight. I normally hated the sun, I liked nighttime better, but I was just so happy to be up and walking.
Gerard and I walked hand in hand, out of the hospital..

"Frankie?" He asked to get my attention, nervousness in his voice. "I will walk you inside your house so that you can pack the things that you need. Then we can sneak you into mine."

I thought about the plan, then answered. "Okay, how are we going to get past your dad?" I looked at him questioningly.

"I'll figure something out."

By then we were at Gerard's car. He unlocked the car door..

"I'm going to get a copy of my car key made, so that you can get away..." He paused "If anything goes wrong." The scared and haunted sound of his voice, when he uttered the last sentence, succeeded in sending chills up and down my spine.

Gerard started the car as I slipped into the front, passenger seat. He watched me closely as I closed the door carefully and buckled my seat belt.. I looked up to meet my eyes with his.. I was about to smile, but he looked impatient.. I tried buckling my safety belt again, but it was stuck! It was stuck half in and half out. I pulled once.. Twice.. Yes! It came out.. I tried stuffing it in again.. It went in, but came back out.. In, out. In, out. Argghh! I chanced a glance at Gerard's face again. He was looking at me with the most bored expression on his face.

I went back to buckling my seat belt and it just kept doing the same thing.. Finally, Gerard slapped my hand lightly and snapped it in himself..

"Oh, hehe.." I laughed, feeling stupid.

"Ha ha, funny, Frank." He was feeling very impatient now, so I just sat back in my the seat and shut my mouth...

We drove for about fifteen minutes and then, out of the blue, we hit traffic..
More specifically.. A traffic jam. We sat still for more than ten minutes.. One minute later, Gerard went crazy. He slammed on his horn and screamed.

"Dammit! What the FUCK is taking so damn long?!?"

I leaned over to him and kissed him lovingly on the lips. He returned the kiss, for a few minutes. Everything was fine until someone honked at us..
Gerard came back to reality and honked his horn again, very loudly I might add.

The guy in the car in front of us heard.. He must have been cranky. He rolled down his window and yelled at us.

"Stop fucking honking that damn horn!"

"I'll honk if I want to!" Gerard yelled back, while honking his horn after every word.

"You will, will you? The guy opened the door and stepped out. He was big and muscular..

"Hell yeah, I will." Gerard stepped out to meet the man. They engaged in a verbal battle until I got tired of listening to their arguing and got out myself.

"Gerard, hey! Gerard! Stop it!" I placed my hands on Gerard's chest softly pushing him back from the fight. He ignored me, still cursing at his new enemy.

He continued to ignore my presence until I slid my hand down to his ass and gave a tight squeeze. Gerard jumped and looked at me as if he hadn't noticed I was there in the first place. I took this moment as a time to talk.

"Gerard please, stop." I kissed him lightly on the chin, as that was all I could reach. I was very short.

"Oh! You've got a little gay bitch to help you, huh?" Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean, motherfucker?" Good thing traffic hadn't moved yet.. Some people had even rolled down there windows to watch and listen to the fight.

"You know exactly what it's supposed to mean, faggot!" They continued fighting for what seemed like five more minutes. I think it was over me. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying, i just wanted to get back into the car.

"Gerard, let's go!" I shot an angry glare at the homophobe, that was arguing with my boyfriend..

"Don't interrupt, fag!" He yelled. Suddenly, he pushed me back, causing me to stumble. Gerard stepped in front of me.

"Don't you ever touch my boyfriend again. Ever." The malice in his voice scared even me! And he wasn't even talking to me!

"What are you going to do about it?"

"This."

Gerard, swung and all hell broke loose.. Hands, fists, legs, feet. The occasional knee in the groin. Pain.. I couldn't do anything. The guy was bigger, meaner, and tougher then we were. I called 911. It all happened in a blur. The police came and broke up the fight. They asked me what happened. I told them truthfully. An ambulance came and made sure that they everyone was okay. Gerard came out with nothing but a bloody nose. Thank god, he was okay.

I didn't know about the other guy, but he must have been fine, because the police left and we were escorted back to our cars. The people in their cars rolled the windows up again, and focused on the road. No doubt, planning to tell exaggerated versions of the fight to their co-workers or family, when they arrived.

"Are you okay, Gerard?" He turned his head slowly and I thought he was about to yell..
Then to my ultimate surprise, he laughed. Just laughed. Not a shy giggle. No, a full belly laugh. A smile crept onto my face as I watched him. His face was beautiful and his voice was beautiful as well. I loved his laugh. It was one of the most lovely sounds I had every heard.

I wanted to kiss him. That's just what I did. I pulled his face to mine and my lips crashed into his. I ran my tongue along his bottom lip. He opened his mouth and I slipped in. We engaged in a battle for dominance for a moment. Then, as usual, Gerard won. We kissed passionately, until.. Someone from behind, a very daring someone. Honked at us. We pulled away quickly and Gerard pressed down on the gas.

"At least the traffic's moving."