Status: activee

Skinny Love

distance

I grabbed my bags, making my way down the plane steps. Looking around the place, I didn't notice anyone that would seem the least bit familiar to me. I decided to go sit on one of the empty benches while I waited for my ride. My mum didn't feel the need to say who was going to be picking me up, I was a little nervous.

America was a great place, I loved being there. But I missed home, a lot more than I thought I would, actually. I knew, then, that it was time to go back to Ireland.

I sat on the hard, wooden bench, looking down at my beat up converse. I grabbed my iPod from one of the pockets in my bag, putting the earbuds securely in my ear. I turned the music up high, bobbing my head to the music while I waited. I needed some entertainment while sitting in an airport, right?

I closed my eyes, placing my head against the wall behind me. Where was this person? I was becoming impatient waiting for them. I sang the words to "You Found Me" by The Fray under my breath. Not wanting to embarrass myself by singing aloud.

Someone tapped my shoulder making me jump, for the reason that, I wasn't expecting it. I pulled the buds from my ear, opening my eyes. I met the gaze of the one person I least expected to pick me up. Harry Styles.

I put my iPod away, grabbing my bags, and standing up. He gave me a crooked smile, taking my guitar case. I was a little shocked to see him, we haven't talked in what seems like forever. He stared at me for a while longer, before looking away.

"Lets go, then." He said, starting to walk towards the doors. Hurt took over my facial features, my feet not moving an inch to follow him. He stopped, turning to see why I was behind him. "What?" He asked.

"So that's it? No "Hello, I'm glad to see you"? Nothing? We haven't talked in years, Harry. You honestly have nothing to say?" He just stared, not saying a word. I shook my head, looking away. "I should've known this would happen." I finally moved, walking past him without a second glance in his direction. I heard his footsteps behind me.

Once in the car, I didn't try to make conversation with him. He wasn't even happy to see his best mate, if that's even what he thinks of me anymore. Probably not. I'm just some guy he used to know. Nothing more.

I kept telling myself not to cry, I didn't want to appear weak in front of him. I definitely didn't want his pity. I just continued to stare out of the window, paying him no mind.

"Niall," he said, interrupting my thoughts. Ignore him, don't listen to a word he says. "Niall, look at me." He tried again, but I didn't move.

"Damn it, Niall! Look at me!" He yelled, making me flinch. I slowly turned to him, biting my lip. He sighed, loosening his grip on the wheel. We stared into each other's eyes for a little while. When I started turning my head away, his grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I am glad to see you, I fucking am. I missed you so damn much, Niall James Horan." He told me, closing the distance between us. Our lips met, and I swear, I was in Heaven.

*********

I jolted awake, breathing heavily. I wish this would stop, I need to quit thinking about him! Just face it, he doesn't want you like that, Niall. I groaned, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

There was a knock on my door, before it opened. My eyes met the ones of the boy I just dreamed about. He smiled softly, sitting on the edge of my bed. I watched him closely, smiling weakly.

"You're finally awake, you slept a long while." He said, studying my feature, "Are you okay? You seem tense." I nodded quickly, sitting up. I realized how close I was to him, so I scooted away some.

He noticed the ring on my finger and smiled wide. "You still wear it?" He asked, looking up at me again.

"Of course, my best friend gave it to me for my birthday. Why wouldn't I?" He chuckled before standing up. The happiness drained from his features.

"Breakfast is on the table if you want any." And then he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter to my new story. I'm excited for it. :)
Tell me what you think?

xoxoxo