Status: Opinions? If they're good, I'll continue this!

Chasing Dreams

Prologue

Connor's body laid casually atop a thin blanket of grass, folded arms intercepting the back of his head. Behind the closed eyelids that veiled over his emerald green pupils, even behind the framework of his body, his mind was floating amongst a wave of thoughts, each budding new possibilities. An endless sea of questioning. Do his parents really care for him? What about .. his future? Where was he bound to go, what would he DO?

Would anyone accompany him on the journey?

These thoughts in particular stood out to him. His calculating mind, with all its prowess, couldn't handle them and push them to the back of his mind, so he wondered. His eyes wandered the night sky, the darkness with beads of yellow and white lights peeking out and showing a dim light. The moon was covered by a formation of clouds, faded, as if it were dissipating from reality as the boy's mentality did.

SMACK. A hand slapped over his face, snapping him back to reality as the pain reverberated in his skull. He knew who it was, only one person would have the nerve to interrupt his time alone.

Logan. Connor's older brother. He had the edge over Connor by two years, he was a Senior, while Connor was a Sophomore. Logan was also Connor's polar opposite, while Connor spent numerous nights studying to keep his mind sharp, Logan spent his nights playing Football with his friends. After all, Logan WAS the star Wide Receiver for their high school team, the Wayview Sparrows.

"Hey, little bro, what're you doing up here all alone? You're gonna catch a cold," sneered Logan. "Mom'll get piiiiiiissed!"
"Hi, Logan," grumbled the clearly irritated Connor.
"Why're you up here all alone?"
"Just thinking."

Logan's head craned to the side, as if he hadn't expected that answer. Confused, maybe. "You sure that's it?"

"Not one bit."