Status: Hiatus.

Never Say Good-bye

three

Light.

"What if she doesn't wake up. It's been two days. We need to take her to the hospital."

"No, look. Her eyes fluttered. She'll be fine. Just give her time to heal, Niall. She'll be okay."

"She isn't okay now."

Black.

Sunlight spilled into the bedroom, but the two in the covers didn't move. Blond hair peaked from the covers as they moved down, a muscular arm reaching above the two heads to move the alarm clock into view. Noon. But neither attempted to leave the bed, only snuggled closer to each other and drifted into another sleep.

Blinding light.

"Ow," Lucy rasped, lifting a hand to her eyes to shield them from the bright light. "Have I finally died?" she asked herself, her voice thick and dry from under use and no water for days.

"No. You're still alive. And still stupid as hell," an Irish brogue spoke from the corner of the room, making the female in the bed snap her eyes open, only to whimper at the pain it caused her already throbbing head. Everything on her hurt, making her want to curl up and just pass into the next life. If there was one for a girl like her.

"Stop trying to move. You're sick and weak. I'll get you some water," Niall told her harshly, stomping over to the stand across the room and poured a small glass of water before sticking a straw in it. "Sip slowly and don't speak," he commanded as she walked over to the sick bed, handing the water over to her roughly, some of the clear liquid sloshing over the sides.

"Why did you bring me here?" she asked, taking the water but ignoring it. She felt too weak to lift the glass to her mouth. With a glare, Niall took the glass from her and held the straw up to her lips. He pushed the plastic to her lips and demanded she drink.

"You never listen to reason, Lucy. Just drink the water and we can talk after you're better."

"I'll never be better, Ni. Never again," she told him, her tone sad as her brown eyes looked away from him. "Go away and let me sleep."

"Stop being pig headed and drink," he said, shoving the water in her face again. She slowly open her mouth and let him insert the straw into her mouth. A sip and he took it away, afraid too much too soon would make her worse.

"I just want to sleep, Niall. Let me go back to sleep now and then we can talk," she whispered, her eyes meeting his again in a pleading way. He glared once but nodded, setting the water down softly next to her on the nightstand and made his exit.

Once she was alone, her numbness lifted and she wept. She wept for the life she once had and the look he used to give her. Now all she saw was hate and anger at her, how his blue eyes used to sparkle with love at her. Now they turned to steel when he glanced her way.

"Forgive me," she begged the empty room.