Status: Finished & Awaiting a Sequel.

You Can Be My Gorgeous Nightmare.

The Audacity

I woke up in a hospital bed that reeked of rubbing alcohol. My mind was fuzzy and my stomach had searing pain shoot through it. Why am I here?

Then I remembered. As soon as I did, I pressed the 'Call Doctor' button rapidly until one appeared. "Ms. Ortiz, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Honestly?"

"Yes, of course."

"Shitty. I feel shitty."

The doctor smiled sympathetically, knowing full well what I wanted to hear. "Would the father like to hear as well?" He questioned, nodding to my right. I looked over, expecting to see Ashley. But instead, there was a crumpled Monte, liner and hair a stray, curled up on the chair. Even looking the way he did, my heart beat a little faster.

"Oh, no, he's not-" I started, but was quickly interrupted. "Yes, I would." Monte interjected.

The doctor raised his eyebrows at us, but quickly disregarded it. Good. Nosy bastard.

"Well then, I am very sad to inform that you are no longer pregnant."

I don't know why this came as a shock to me. The size of the knife was huge, there was no way the baby could have survived. But despite knowing all of this, the news did shock me, making me shove my face into a pillow and cry. Monte tried to grab my hand for comfort, but I ripped it from him. I want to be alone. Yet, none of them left.

"When can she come home?" Monte asked, sounding slightly exasperated. "Today, but Ms. Ortiz will have to come back soon to get some stitches taken out."

I heard the rustling of papers, so I assume Monte received the form to discharge me. The doctor left after that, soon followed by Monte. Before he left, he set something next to my legs. "Here, Gabby, Jeffree went and got some clothes for you."

"Okay." I mumbled. Finally alone, I still didn't have any motivation to get out of bed. But I did anyway, trudging to the bathroom. The only upside to this situation is taking off the ugly hospital gown. I threw on the hoodie and sweatpants and left.

I was too angry and upset to even notice Mika waiting for me. I only became aware of him when he hugged me gently, careful of my stitches. I actually responded, which surprised him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Mika quickly took the hint and picked me up, carrying me to the waiting room. I buried my face into his chest, hoping that this was all a bad nightmare. And it was. Only I couldn't wake up.

All the sympathetic faces did nothing for me. No matter that Monte's here, or that he loves me; it's my brother I wanted to see. But no, Robert, Max, and Craig were all missing. Did they mean it when they said they never wanted to see me again?

In the waiting room, there waited Monte, Derek, Ry, Ronnie, Jacky, Dahvie, Jayy, and Jeffree. But there could millions of people in this room for all I care. The only one that would matter was my brother, my own flesh and blood. The audacity of him to not show up is appalling.

---

I guess I had fell asleep, because when I woke up, I was in a hotel bed with no recollection of how I got there, or what was going on. I needed to get up, to do something productive with my day. But I couldn't move. I just couldn't muster the energy to even sit up. It felt like there was liquid lead being pumped through my veins, weighing me down and limiting all of my abilities. So I went back to sleep.