Status: Hey guys, this was originally 'The Notebook' but I renamed it. I hope you all still like it, lol!

Through It All

Chapter 4

“Thank you, Ma’am.” Zak said before hanging up his phone. He turned to me with a tired expression. We had slept for maybe 2 hours before getting woken up my thumps going up our steps. After we realized no one was there, Zak got on his laptop and looked up numbers for spiritual cleansers. He had found the number of a Spiritual cleanser, and dialed it. “She said that first; we need to get in the shower and clean ourselves, then put on comfortable clean clothes. She also suggested that we meditate before we start the actual cleansing.” He said, scrubbing his hands over his face.

I nodded and stood from the bed, and went to the dresser to grab us each a set of clothes. We went into the bathroom and took a shower together, and got out and got dressed.

Going into our room, we sat on the floor and meditated for a few minutes before standing up. “She recommended Sage and Holy water.” Zak said. I sighed and nodded.

“Good thing we have all that Sage downstairs” I mumbled, trudging out of our room and down the steps. I heard Zak following behind me. I went into the kitchen and grabbed the bundle of Sage before joining Zak in the living room.

“I’ll do the Holy Water” He said. I nodded and lit the sage.

We went room to room, Zak chanting “God’s peace be in the home and in all who live here”. Before we went in each room, I put Sage ashes above the doorways. Everything was fine, until we made it to our room.

I put the ash above the doorway and we entered. Zak still chanting as I went over to the bed and put ashes above it and on the pictures of Zak and I. I put ashes on each of the pictures in every room, because that is what the Spiritual cleanser told us to do.

The rooms’ calmness started to fade as we heard a hissing sound. Our heads snapped towards the corner of our room, and there was the black figure. It stared at us as we kept doing the cleansing, trying to ignore it’s hissing. It was hard to ignore it, but we managed. We went back down to the living room and closed the cleansing with “Thank you, Lord for pushes this dark force from our home. It’s now filled with light, love and happiness.” We had both spoken.

Once it was all over, it DID feel like the house was okay. I didn’t have any bad vibes at all, so I took it as a good sign. I just hope to God that I’m right.

The next few days were calm and peaceful at our house. Nothing weird happened, no fighting with each other. It was…perfect.

We decided to go and visit Simon for a bit, so we slipped on our shoes and got in the car. The drive seemed short, though I knew it was the same amount of time as always. Time just seems to fly when I’m with Zak. It’s why I lo-like him so much.

We got out of the car and walked inside. The nurse at the desk greeted us with a cheerful smile, and we smiled back politely. Walking down to the Recreation room, we both saw Simon sitting at the same tale he always sits at. We walked over and plopped into the chairs in front of him.

“What’s up, brother of the same womb?” I asked smiling. Simon looked up at me, and glared. I flinched and stared at him in shock. “Simon, what’s wrong?” I asked worriedly. My brother always has a smile on his face. Always.

“What happened? I had that feeling.” Simon crossed his arms in front of his chest and glared at me in a way that only one person has before. It was a nun who glared and then hit me for saying ‘Fuck’ in class. Needless to say, I was kicked out. The glare made me cringe slight.

“It was nothing…” I said, shaking my head. His glare didn’t waver. “Ugh! Fine. While Zak was away, something was in the house. It was a black figure thing. But we did a cleansing, and everything’s okay.” I rambled, my hands gesturing widely as I talked.

My brother glared at me for a second longer then smiled and nodded before turning to Zak. “You can be blue” He said, handing Zak the Candyland piece.

“Thanks, Simon” Zak said, and we all played the game. In the end, the board was flipped over and the pieces and cards laying all over the table and floor while Zak and Simon laughed at me, who was sitting in my chair grumbling under my breath. “M-maybe we should go” Zak laughed out. I grunted and stood up.

“Okay. This weekend right?” Simon asked as he stood and gave us each a hug. “Love you” He said to us both.

“Yeah Bubby, we’ll be here this weekend. I love you too” I smiled, kissing his cheek and dancing out of the room as he tried to smack at me.

Zak followed a minute later, and we held hands as we walked to the car together. “He told me not to hurt you” he said on the drive home. I looked over and raised an eyebrow.

“I had thought he already told you that” I shrugged. Zak chuckled and shook his head. We smiled at each other.

When we pulled up in the driveway, he shut off the car and we walked inside together.

“Movie?” He questioned as we kicked off our shoes. I nodded and he flopped on the couch. “Your pick” He muttered.

I laughed and popped in a movie before plopping down beside him.

“DRACULA!” We both screamed at the same time and burst out laughing.

We’re a weird couple, and we admit it. We just seem to click for some reason. Bickering and cussing at each other, but then smiling and defending each other. Same tastes in movies, music and TV shows. We just…fit.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...here's the new chapter. I hope you all like it.
The information I got about the cleansing came from: http://www.ehow.com/how_2110357_spiritually-cleanse-home.html just so you don't think I made this all up.

Another thing. Tara and Simon are twins, therefor they have that twin telepathy. You know, where they can sense if the other is hurt, in danger, etc. ?
Yeah.

It's after 1am, and I'm not feeling well so if it's a bad chapter, I completely apologize. I just wanted to get the cleansing out of the way.

If you could PLEASE comment/review on this story, It would be seriously appreciated. I want to know if it's any good, and if ya'll want me to continue.
ALSO, if you have any ideas that you'd like to see in the story, send them to me and if I use them, I'll give you credit for the idea in the Author's note at the bottom.
Thank you all so much! :)