Status: Coming Soon...

Little Voices in the Rain

Something Always Brings Me Back to You

Rain was always a welcome occurrence to Stella Nash. It washed away the old and when it ended, a bright sky brought the new. While Philadelphia and Pittsburgh weren't known for their rain, both cities held enough of it to suit her.

Leaving behind Pittsburgh had not only meant leaving behind what little family she had left, but also the friends she had made. And of course, her team. Growing up in Pittsburgh, it was almost a requirement to love the Penguins. For Stella and her family, it meant bleeding black and gold.

It had been an adjustment to say the least to moving to Philadelphia. Sure, she ahd scored an awesome long term substitute position at a great private school in the city, but she also had to deal with that awful neon orange. It was everywhere.

But if there was one thing Philadelphia and Pittsburgh had in common, it was the love for their teams. At least she could relate to that.

Many would say Stella was happy in her new home. After a year as a substitute teacher, Stella had been offered to fill the shoes the teacher had left after deciding it was time to spend time with her growing family. She had a beautiful downtown apartment just big enough to suit her. Her sister and niece, while travelling the world, were always a phone call away if she felt homesick. And that was often.

Even with her father in treatment in the same city, Philly wasn't quite her home. Sure, she had made friends and found places she liked going to on a Friday night, but there wasn't the same feeling of comfort that she had in Pittsburgh. Her father had said to give it time, her sister agreeing. It had been over a year since her arrival in the strange new city (they liked the Flyers, after all), and she didn't feel at ease.

Her mind always wandered to Pittsburgh, thinking about what the boys were doing. Usually, a call to Marc-Andre or a text from Max or anything from any of the boys was enough to make her happy. But as the school year and hockey season wore on, her resentment for her new city grew. She always managed to find a flaw in Philly that Pittsburgh didn't have.

Even if she tried to fight it sometimes, her heart would always belong to the Steel City.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short! And yeah, I probably shouldn't be starting another story right now, but whatever. I'm super excited for this story! I hope you guys are too. Oh hell, know you are! I mean, it's Superstar! He's the gorgeous Max Talbot! lol Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

P.S. I'm in a writing mood, so I'll be stock piling chapters to update with over the next few weeks!