Life's Not a Movie

He's Baaaack

Cameron's POV:

"Where did Hannah go?"

"The bathroom. I'm guessing she's just fixing her make-up or something."

"Yeah or something. I just saw my brother walk in." Oh boy, this can't be good.

"Did he say anything?"

"No. Ev and I don't really talk much. He's kinda shoved everyone out of his life the past few years."

"Hannah kinda noticed that about 7 months ago."

"Yeah, I forgot about that. Well, here's your food. Hope she comes back soon." What does that mean? About 5 minutes later she came back.

"Sorry about that. I had a ton of water today and then my make-up was rushed this evening."

"Hey, don't pin this on me." We are laughing so loud I figure we'll get kicked out pretty soon.

"Cam, you really are good to me."

"Then tell me what really happened. You were gone for 10 minutes."

"I saw Evan, okay? I hate him right now and I can't explain it. I was upset when we broke up, but you helped me through it. I talked to him before I almost left and we were friends. I explained that I love you and we are engaged now and everything was great. Then you asked why he didn't work and I saw him right after that. I guess I bottled up my feelings too much." She is starting to cry again. I take her hands and made her look me in the eyes.

"Hannah, it's okay. I'm here for you anytime you need me."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She hangs her head in shame.

"Because you need me, I love you, and I trust you." Her head jerks up and she walks over to me.

"That is the one thing I have always wanted to hear from you. Oh, Cameron." Music starts to play so I stand up and we dance around the room.

"Our food's gonna get cold."

"I don't care about our food as long as I have you." I lead her back to the table and we eat, admiring each other.

"What are you thinkin about, Han?"

"How sure I am that marrying you is the right thing." The door swings open.

"Hannah, I love you. Please take me back." She just stares at him and for a minute I think she will.

"No, Evan. You deserted me. You never once cared for me when we were together. When you left, Cam wasted no time comforting me. He barely knew me." Her voice is calm, but I know she's angry inside.

"He left you!"

"He had a reason to,but he came back. He waited HOURS in the rain for me, thinking I'ld already moved! He apologized and so did I." She is so mad right now and I want to step in. To help her.

"Fine. Live your life like that!"

"I will and I'll love it!" I stand up.

"Evan, I think you should leave now."

"Shut up, Cameron. You don't know what's best for her." How can he say that? If anyone knows what's best for her, it's me.

"I know her better than you." He walks over and punches me. I fall back and hit my head on something pretty hard.

"Cam! Are you alright?" Hannah runs over to me, but it's starting to get fuzzy.

"Leave, Evan." I hear him run and I think it's Adam that told him to leave.

"Call the cops! Call an ambulance! He hit his head on the glass and it broke! MOVE!" Hannah is freaking out and that's the last thing I remember. I wake up in a hospital bed.

"Hannah? What happened?" She is sitting by my bed, crying.

"Cam! Evan punched you and you hit your head on a glass. You've been out for two hours. It's almost 10." The doctor walks in.

"Good news, Mr. Quiseng. You just have a slight concussion. Mrs. Quiseng, keep him up for 48 hours." He leaves and we start laughing.

"Hey, he was pretty close. I will be Mrs. Quiseng soon."

"So, when are we getting married, Han?"

"How about one year from today?" That would be March 28.

"What day of the week would that be?"

"A Saturday." Of course she knows the day already. I think she's been planning this for a while.

"That sounds perfect, Han." She looks worried.

"Cam, are you gonna press charges against Evan? I really think you should."

"I really don't know right now. He deserves it, but I don't wanna go through that trouble. I don't have the time."

"What do you mean?"

"I was going to tell you tomorrow. Mikey was going to ask Megann and I don't know about Zach and Sam."

"Cam what are you talking about?"

"We'll discuss it tomorrow as a group." I don't want to tell her yet without the others.

"Okay."

*************************************************************************