Life's Not a Movie

Hannah and Evan

Hannah's POV:

"Hannah! Let's go!" Mom is yelling at me. The house is so empty.

"I'll drive up later. I've gotta say goodbye to Meg and we all know that's gonna take a while." I also know that was a complete lie.

"You said goodbye last night."

"She's my best friend!"

"Fine. Take all the time you need, call us when you get to town and we'll direct you from there." I can tell dad just wants to leave. I hug them both.

"Thank you!" I still have some hidden things at the house I need to get. A few diaries and the note Cameron sent me after our second date. It said how happy he was we were a couple and he'ld always be there for me. He hoped he wasn't being clingy and he just knew that everything would be perfect. Just thinking of it makes me tear up. I still have If This Were A Movie on repeat. I drive to Cameron's apartment and knock on the door. I need to say goodbye. He doesn't answer. I get in my car and cry. My phone rings. Cameron? No, of course not.

"So, are you on the road?"

"Megann, Cam still lives in the same place right?"

"Far as I know. I haven't talked to him since I told him you were moving."

"Oh, okay."

"Sweetie, move on. I'll get info from Mikey and spill it all when I visit you next week."

"Thanks." I hang up and drive to get the stuff from what was once my room. It had just started pouring while I was talking to Megann. Oh well. I get gas, food, and go to talk to Megann some. I can't get the letter yet. It's not time for me to leave.

"Hannah, you have to go. What if you see Cameron here?"

"It's raining. He's probably in his apartment or on a date." She hugs me.

"I'm so sorry."

"The words I wish he would say."

"Life's not always a movie chica."

"Don't I know it. Goodbye Meg."

"No. Goodbye for now, I will see you next week. We'll hit up all the malls there."

"Okay. Buy some winter stuff before you come. It's freezing up there, especially this time of year. It may be March, but it's still cold."

"Great. I just love that."

"Megann, do I really have to go?" I'm begging now. Anything to keep me here.

"Yes. Now get out there before the rain gets worse." It already has. I drive to Evan. I have to say all my goodbyes. It just isn't right to leave without saying bye to him.

"Hannah! Come to your senses?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you I'm moving back to Wisconsin." He gets more serious.

"I'm so sorry. What's Cameron think?"

"Cameron and I broke up 6 months ago."

"I'm sorry, Han. You don't deserve this." He hugs me and is actually acting like a friend.

"Thanks, but nothing can make this better."

"You'll find someone that's good for you. He's out there, maybe in Wisconsin."

"Evan, you really are a good guy. Just don't get drunk again."

"I won't. That was a one time thing. I'm sorry you had to see it."

"So am I." We started laughing.

"Hannah Lowe, you haven't changed a bit."

"I'm happy to say that you have changed, Evan James."

"Get out of my house and go find your soul mate. Be careful of the rain, it's really coming down. You may get soaked just walking to your car. Oh, and I want an invite to the wedding. I'm not going anywhere."

"You would move for a girl in a heartbeat."

"You're right, I would."

"That's one lucky girl."

"Thank you, Hannah Banana." My old nickname, that I couldn't stand. Still can't.

"Evan?"

"Sorry. I may never see you again. I had to get it out there." We hug again and I leave. The rain keeps getting heavier so I decide to get my stuff. That roof was getting weak and once leaked. I don't want my papers flooded. I guess it really is time for me to leave. I pull into the driveway and can not believe what I am looking at. Is this for real or a dream?

****************************************************************