Status: In Progress

The Bittersweet Between My Teeth

Powers and Magnets.

“I don’t have powers. I don’t know what the hell you mean!” Raven screamed as the metal that had been injected into her veins was pulled at, causing excruciating pain. “You do so have powers, and you’re not being let go until you prove it.” The man causing the pain said. Raven looked up at her captor, the man known as Magneto. “You’re a bastard.” She groaned, struggling against her restraints. “Now, now… Let’s not call names, how about that? What is it that is so special about you?” Magneto said. Raven grimaced as the liquid metal in the vein on the inside of her elbow pulled out through her skin, ripping open the skin. Blood flowed out of her arm, but it was blended with shimmery silver that leaked down her skin.

“I don’t have any FUCKING POWERS!” Raven screamed. The wallpaper started to slowly peel away from the walls, and the items lying around the room began to slide from their proper locations. Magneto widened his eyes as the objects gravitated towards the center of the room, swirling into a large mass. They started to disappear slowly into nothingness, and Magneto himself was being pulled toward the black hole that had started to form. “Stop it! Stop it now!” he shouted. Raven began to slip into unconsciousness, and the black hole began to dissipate. Magneto stood up, and his mind began to remember back when he was a child and a man named Schmidt had used his anger and torment to bring out his own powers.

“Very well. If it takes torture to get you to use your powers, so be it.” Magneto said, gesturing to the one-way mirror in the room. A woman walked out, her body dark blue and covered in what appeared to be scales. She had no clothes on, and as Raven watched, the woman began to transform. When she stopped, she looked exactly like Raven. “NO!” Raven screamed. Magneto pointed to the door, and the woman walked out. Raven began to thrash around in her seat, attempting to escape yet again.
---
Peter was sitting on a couch in Stark Tower, staring at Tony Stark as his eyes traveled over a floating, see-through screen. “I’m not getting a damn reading on her cell. There has to be some other way to track her. Really, who the fuck would want to kidnap my sister?” Tony demanded, pacing back and forth. “Do you have many enemies, Mr. Stark…? I find that my enemies tend to attack the people closest to me.” Peter told Tony. Tony looked at Peter, stopped his pacing. “Does Raven KNOW you’re Spiderman, Parker? She doesn’t seem to be aware of this fact.” Tony said, taking a seat beside the younger boy. Peter sighed. “I didn’t get the chance to tell her yet…” Peter answered, his eyes dark.

All of a sudden the camera downstairs beeped, showing Raven on the screen. Tony stood up and stared at the screen. She looked worse for the wear, and Peter shot to his feet. “What’s wrong with her?” Peter whispered. “Sir, I’m getting very strange genetic readings from Miss Raven. Shall I let her in regardless?” JARVIS asked. Tony’s eyebrows drew together, and his mouth drew into a frown. “Yes, JARVIS. But keep the suit ready in case I need it. I get the feeling this is a trap.” Tony said. JARVIS opened the door, and Raven walked into the tower. The two men kept their eyes locked on the girl as she made her way through the tower.

When the elevator stopped, they were both prepared. “Raven, what the hell happened to you?” Tony demanded, grasping her arm. Raven stared up at Tony, flinching at the contact. “Don’t touch me. You’re still not my brother.” She growled, her hand reaching out for Peter’s. “Sir, there is a mutation in her blood. This is not your sister. She is a mutant by the name of Mystique.” JARVIS announced. Mystique transformed back into her normal, blue self, and Peter shouted out as she twisted his arm behind his back. “Why are you naked, Smurfette? Where is your sense of decency?” Tony asked as he started to change into Iron Man. “Your sarcasm is such a defense mechanism, it makes me sick.” Mystique groaned. She started to slowly change, and Tony shook his head

“You are quite the piece of work.” He stated as she faced him as Pepper. She walked over to him and pressed her lips over his, kissing him deeply before his face mask started to slide down and cut them off. Iron Man’s fist shot out, sending the mutant flying across the room. “Nice try, but you’re no Pepper.” Tony said.
---
Raven had lost track of time. The room that she was being kept in was completely dark except for the light leaking in under the door, indicating that it was night. She was starving, and beyond thirsty, but she knew that there was no way that Magneto would let her get any special privileges like the fundamentals of survival. All of a sudden Magneto opened the door and walked over to her, undoing the shackles that held her wrists to the chair she was strapped to. “What are you doing to me now?” Raven asked, her voice raspy from the thirst. Magneto said nothing as he pulled her to her feet, leading her out of the room.

“I’m taking you to your room.” He answered finally, taking her down white halls to a door. “I thought that was my room?” she wondered. “No, my silly girl. That’s the torture chamber. This is your room.” He explained, opening the door to the room before helping her to a large canopy bed with soft sheets. “Why would you torture me just to give me luxury right after?” “Because I’d like you on my side, dear Raven. We’re going to call you Vortex, by the way… I find it very appropriate, given your powers.” Magneto told her, brushing her hair out of her face. The big man that had abducted her walked into the room, holding a tray of food and a pitcher of water. He set it on the table and walked away, nodding to Raven first.

“Eat up. You need your strength for tomorrow. I apologize for the rough start. We just need to unlock your full potential. We’re going to keep you far away from Charles, he’ll just want to make you shut yourself down and trap your powers inside…” Magneto finished, walking out of the room and leaving Raven with so many unanswered questions. As she started to eat, she began to let her mind drift to the kiss she had shared with Peter… Peter was the only thing that would keep her from losing her mind in this place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long to update, guys. I just got a job and with the holidays starting up I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update. Thanks to those of you who have remained faithful. Your support means the world. Enjoy. :)