Let The Flames Begin

Chapter 4

(7 years later)

“You have no sufficient evidence to support the fact that my client committed the crime therefore you have no trial.”

“Your honor this is a disgrace. You and I both know that abomination is guilty. There are witnesses!”

“Objection, Your honor, there are no witnesses present and when asked to testify, your so called witnesses refused.”

“That’s because their afraid for their lives!”

The judge rolled his eyes before banging his gavel.

“Order in the court, now, both of you prove a point but like Ms. Brooks said there is no evidence and no witnesses. Therefore I have no choice but to let the defendant go free. Court adjourned.”

The judge banged his gavel once more before leaving his bench and returning to his chambers.

Sophia Brooks had never lost a case and she wasn’t about to start now. Even if it meant having to step in herself she didn’t care. She’s Sophia Brooks.

Sophia smiled in victory before gathering her things and leaving the courtroom. When she walked outside the courthouse she saw Matt leaning against a car.

“Hello handsome.”

“Hello beautiful.”

“What brings you out on this fine day?”

“First I wanted to apologize for the trouble I put you through with Johnny. Second I wanted to take my lovely girlfriend to lunch.”

“You need to stop apologizing for things that aren’t your fault. Johnny is like a little brother to me. It was no problem.”

“But still…”

“But nothing, now, where are we going for lunch?”

“You’ll have to wait until we get there.”

“But…I don’t want to wait.” Sophia started whining and pouting.

“No buts.” Matt said which caused Sophia to glare at him. Matt smiled again which caused Sophia to go back to pouting. He opened his mouth to say something but Johnny walked up.

“Sophia thank you so much for saving me. I thought I was really going to prison. If I go to prison some big buff guy is going to rape me and make me his bitch. Then he’ll force me to have his babies. Thank you so much.” Johnny threw himself at Sophia which mades her stumble backwards.

“Jonathan it is humanly impossible for you to have a baby. You would be some guys bitch but if your a good little boy maybe he would go easy on you.” Johnny’s eyes widened in horror.

“Look Seward, go home. I’m not going to do anything because you have to deal with my dad. Heads up he’s really pissed but maybe you’ll be lucky. Maybe he’s calmed done I little since I saw him this morning. What am I saying? It’s been nice knowing you because your ass is dead.” Matt said chuckling before putting his arm around Sophia. She put her arm around his waist before speaking.

“Matthew, don’t be so mean. We all make mistakes. Johnny I’ll talk to him. Just lay low until then. I can’t promise he won’t hurt you but I can promise I won’t let him kill you.”

“Thank you Sophia. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“I don't know either. Now scram. I have places to go.”

Sophia and Matt exited the courthouse and get in the car waiting outside. Once the car pulled off Sophia and Matt became engrossed in idle chit chat.

“Are you seriously going to make me wait to find out where we’re going?”

“Yup.”

“You’re so mean to me!”

“It’s my way of saying I love you.”

“You have a very strange way of telling people you love them.”

“But you get the point.”

“Its madness, Madness I tell you.”

“Well my madness has logic.”

“Whatever.”

“Anyway…where’s Ace?”

“He’s with my mom.”

“And where is your mom?”

“I don’t know. Do I look like my mother’s keeper?”

“You are absolutely no help.”

“But you still love me.”

“Sad but true.” Sophia leaned forward and pecked Matt on the lips. They somehow ended up making out and didn’t pull apart until the driver cleared his throat.

“We have arrived, Sir.” Sophia climbed over Matt and opened the door before climbing out and straightening out her clothes. When she finally looked up her jaw droped in surprise.

“Spago, Matt I love this place!”

“I know. And it’s ours for the next two hours.”

“Are you serious?”

“Deadly”

“How did you pull that off?”

“Let’s just say old Wolfgang owed me a favor.”

“I don’t believe this. I’m….speechless.”

“You? Speechless? Now, that’s a surprise.”

“Shut up!”

“Well let’s go inside m’lady”

Matt and Sophia enjoyed a two hour lunch in peace. Away from the stressful environment that is their lives. It wasn’t very often that they got to be alone so on the rare occasions when they did they would make the best of it.

After lunch Matt took Sophia shopping and they made sure to get Ace a birthday present since his birthday was in a few days. After some more shopping they returned home, right back into the madness.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi! so this is the last update for a while because i go on vacation tommorrow then we start school so we will be very very busy. if you comment we might update again before school but if not you'll just have to wait until we're less busy.