Sequel: Just in Time

Mint Colored Eyes

Michael

A school trip to another country seemed like a wonderful idea. Kelly was pumped for the swiss slopes, betting that she would crush any guy who would challenge her. Jordan was working on his French pick-up lines. Audrey was quietly jamming to some music in the corner. I couldn't remember why we were going, only that it was a school trip, and that the narrow roads were beyond safe to travel on.

Everything around me seemed fuzzy and cold. My vision was blurry and blood stung my eyes. Through the pain I slowly picked up my head from the window I was sitting by. Blood from an open wound on my head stained the window beneath me and slowly dripped down my face. Sparks flared from my right from the remains of a bus engine while a thick blanket of snow filled the rest. It was night and I was lying down in the remains of a bus lying in a ditch.

I tried to push myself up against gravity, my legs feeling like led weights. I was alone in this snow covered wreck. The visions of students and friends I had were all missing and everything else was all in a haze in my memory. Trying to take a step out of my seat, great pain fell over me. My legs gave in under me and I fell back down on my window. My eyes felt like they were burning inside of my head and no matter how much I screamed or scratched at my face it still burned. I turned to my side in pain and caught a glance of my reflection.

From the center of my eyes and burning outwards, my once different colored eyes were now a bright green, almost a mint color. My hair also was now a dirty blonde color. No matter how much I tried to think of what I looked like before, the new image in my reflection showed. I couldn't remember what I looked like, but I knew that I did not look like that. The pain subdued as soon as it started and I felt as if I could stand again. Well...whatever did happen, the blanket of falling snow seemed to shine brighter. My new found night vision would be quite interesting if I was not alone in the middle of a wreck.

I took a few steps through the debris around me. Wind blew the fluffy flakes across my bare arms. It was then when I realized that I was only wearing a tank top. Brief flashes of the bus ride showed Kelly pulling down a window claiming that the bus was too hot for her taste. She lived and breathed snow, Jordan jokingly mocked her saying that she was the missing link between penguins and man.

I looked around me, trying to find any luggage, but just like the other people, the luggage was too missing. That was when I noticed a tied hoodie around my waist. I spun around in a circle looking at the sweatshirt attached to me. After feeling like a dumb dog chasing after it's tail, I removed the sweatshirt and pulled it over my damp blonde hair. The jacket felt a little crispy as if it burned a little in the wreck. In my fuzzy memory, I couldn't recall how that happened. As I fixed the hoody ties, my fingers scratched against a paper name tag.

The tag was mostly burned and all that remained was “Hello, my name is: Mic”. I blankly looked at the name. I couldn't tell from the burned name tag if it actually used to say my name or not. It didn't look like my handwriting, so I couldn't tell. I sighed wrapping my arms around my body for warmth. Though I still shivered. I didn't shiver because of the snow, but because of fear. I was alone at night, with better vision than anyone could ever have. With the temperature dropping and my fear rising, I knew that I needed to get out of there and find shelter. Otherwise, I could end up dead.

Or worse... I could end up like everyone else...

I wandered far enough from the sparking bus ruins where no light touched my new found night vision. Even though it helped, I could only see a few yards in front of me. The fluffy snow was growing dense and it stuck to my clothes making them heavier than they were. I huffed and grunted my way up a hill bitterly picturing Kelly in my mind. Her smug laugh as she would poke at my weakness.

“Oh, come on! Can't you do any better? Be a maaaan,” she grunted manly almost in my ear.

I stopped.

My head slowly turned to my right to see a figure of a girl. Even in my amazing vision, I couldn't tell what was standing next to me, but the giggling and playful grunting was Kelly's. I tried to reach out to the blurry figure next to me and felt a jolt flood through my body. I ended up closing my eyes for a few seconds, but when I opened them again... I wasn't in control of my body...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of inspired by a mine craft adventure map that I found online. :)

hope you like!