Sequel: Just in Time

Mint Colored Eyes

Jordan

“Snow! It just HAD to be snow!” I growled stomping through the snow with Kelly and Michael following closely behind, “we could have been living it up in Egypt right now but noooo it had to be the Alps.”

“Come on, you big baby, a little cold will not kill you.”

“Kelly, this is the guy who wore two sweaters and a winter jacket on the bus ride.”

I bit my lip to keep all my horrible thoughts from erupting from my mouth. It didn't help one bit if my original body was about a foot taller than it is now, but also had much more muscle on it. Kelly could call it fat all she wants, muscle is muscle and I've always hated the cold. Thanks to the Penguin though, I was stuck in freezing weather with a wet butt and no idea where I was going.

I tried my best to ignore what was going on, it was hard to when hair kept flying in my eyesight every few seconds. Seriously! When I find a pair of scissors, this hair is going bye-bye! I continued trucking forward in the bitter cold. I couldn't feel my feet and no amount of heavy breathing was warming my hands up. I needed to find somewhere warm soon and now. I didn't want to die out here! I shouted out into the empty, snow filled world again only hearing the echo of my strange voice.

This body, who ever's it was, was horrible. No meat on his body to keep me warm, long hair that scratched at my eyes, and mainly an unknown person. From what I guessed on what he looked like, I couldn't recall anyone that resembled a blonde skinny kid. I moaned aloud as I trucked on through the snow.

My feet were losing friction with the ground and I felt that even my enhanced vision was growing dim. Kelly tried to smack talk me to get me up, which only made me want to punch her, and Michael attempted to help me up. We found right away that even if we can touch the fazed person, they couldn't do much to help. I soon fell to the ground, dirty snow melting in my mouth. I coughed and cried out one last time in faith. Then, a faint light grew in the distance. As it moved across the snowy dark land, I forced myself, with Kelly's smack talking to boot, to get back up and shout for our lives.

The light thankfully turned and headed this way.

“Oh, thank goodness!” I cried as a man on a snowmobile grew closer, “thank you for-”

Then I stopped, the man had some strange gun in his hands. It probably was a taser of some kind.

“Micah!” the man shouted in anger, “You are Micah correct?”

“Jordan, I don't think we should go with that guy...” Kelly gulped backing up.

“Sir... what are you talking about...?” I cautiously asked, backing up with her.

That was when a tree root came out of nowhere. My heal caught the root and I fell to the ground.

It took a little while before I finally found consciousness again. By then I realized that I was some place warm, in new-not wet clothes, and sleeping on a bed. A nice warm glow from the sun shined across half open blinds and I could hear music coming from somewhere. My eyes rolled around in my head as my body shifted to fall back asleep. I had forgotten about the plane ride, the bus, my friends, all that was a dream. Mom would be banging on my door yelling at me to get up any moment.

“Micah Venting, I would have never thought that we would have found him all the way out there.”

“The boy is insane, doctor, you know that. Who knows what or why he wanted to go out there.”

My eyes shot open as I heard the voices muffled from the other side of a door. I turned my head as quickly as I could towards the voices to my right. A cream colored room with a white wooden door became my surroundings. Everything around me was some shade of white minus the blonde hair scratching at my eyes. The source of the voices stood just outside the door. The one with the gruff voice kept saying how this Micah needed to be locked up and monitored. He used plenty of filler words to show how dangerous the insane boy was to the rest of the inmates, most of which were nasty. Whatever this guy had against this Micah, obviously it wasn't good.

The doctor remained quiet which made me feel uneasy. I almost felt sorry for this Micah, but not enough to care to listen to the conversation any longer. The gruff voice kept talking over the silent doctor as I quietly got out of the soft bed. I slid on white socks across the light stained wood floor towards the window only to find it nailed shut. I bit the inside of my cheek, forbidding myself to make a loud remark of my poor luck. The only way out was through that wooden door, and something was telling me that I wasn't going to get out that way. This something, happened to be Michael who decided to make an appearance.

“Didn't it occur to you that maybe we may be this Micah?”

This startled me as the hazy figure of the outcast appeared next to me. I gave the guy a funny look wondering what he was talking about. He pointed towards the door.

“The entire conversation they're having?”

“What about it?”

“Weren't you listening?”

“Nope. Don't care. You going to help and get me out of here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote most of this when I first started writing the story. Decided just to finish out the chapter.

I have no idea where I was originally going with this idea. Its been some time...

Lets see if I can make something up :)