Sequel: Just in Time

Mint Colored Eyes

Jordan

“What is this?!” I yelled to the pink Audrey clone.

I was tired of Kelly's flipping and stalling. This was not how you got answers, especially ones that were freaky like this. From what I caught in Kelly's readings was an account that we were apart of not a year ago. If Kelly had turned the page she would have found out what actually happened to me during one of my leads. Thankfully I took over just in time.

Pinkie just stood there across the room with a blank stare on her face, unresponsive to my question. She looked hotter than the goth girl I knew. The too large black hoodie and too long skirt she normally wore seemed to be her trademark. All that was replaced by a girl dressed in a tight pink shirt and yoga pants. A kind of things in a girl that I would normally go after. I really did want to think that I was still curled up on the side of my bed waiting for my mom to wake me up. Yet I kind of liked this dream.

“How about you look at the back cover?” Pinkie snapped back.

Following orders, I quickly brought the book back into my view and noticed a familiar head shot of a skinny blond guy. The bio explained that he was the author of several books, and even got some prize that I didn't care about. It ended with saying that these adventures were all based upon similar events when he experienced before being drafted for something called “The Pack”. Why did that name sound so familiar?

“The Pack, was one of many teams of people who developed unusual abilities after several chemical “outbreaks” in the world,” the attitude and sarcasm was just oozing from her words.

She even motioned with her fingers the quotations around “outbreaks” extra slow so I could understand. I was starting to pick up that this was something she had to explain a lot. Probably to this twig most of the time. I pinched my eyebrows together and stared at her trying to understand what this was supposed to mean to me. Pinkie crossed the room and took back the book from my hands, placing it back with the others on the shelf.

“Now, tell Michael to come here.”

“Woah, woah, hold up. You can't just start barking around orders. What is that all supposed to mean? What is going on?”

Her hand slammed down hard on the wood bookcase. I flinched and took a half of a step back. She looked like she was about to explode. Kelly even hid behind me in fear.

“I'll explain this to you...again,” she turned with a look that was tired mixed with fury, “this is the third time this has happened this month and plainly you are a delusion of a very sick man.”

“Hey-”

“You can combat me all you want, it is the truth. A delusion of a man who once had a super power of projection. Now. Where. Is. Michael?”

I didn't move. I just stared at Pinkie completely paralyzed with shock. Kelly didn't move either. She turned her hazy head to me slowly and looked towards my face. Though she was really just studying the one I wore. The hazy figure's shoulders dropped and looked at her own hands. Her words split to the core of me. I had no idea where Michael was or for what reason he was important right now. All my thoughts went to how bitter and cold Pinkie's words were.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the truth comes out.

I started to write this a couple months ago, and now I really want to finish this. And yes, this was originally the plan I had going ever since I picked back up this story a few months ago.

I have a little story in mind that I would like to write about with Audrey, Micah, and this world of theirs. I figured though that I should just finish this.