Sequel: Just in Time

Mint Colored Eyes

Michael

I left the cream colored room I was in and followed it down the narrow way past too large windows. The doctor and the guy named Stan were now talking to a few military people dressed all in black. One had their helmet off and were explaining that Micah was with Audrey. The man stuck out his thumb and pointed back the way they went by habit. I looked out into the larger hallway that connected two wings of a building together and followed the vague statement.

Snow was starting to get thick outside as I passed by some more windows. There were a few people throwing snow balls at each other. I tried to think like Kelly on how this happened. What the story was behind something like this. I knew that there was more, but I ended up being distracted by a strange feeling. I could almost feel where Kelly and Jordan went. I followed this as if I was playing a game of “hot and cold” and found the room that they were in.

I entered and saw Kelly and Jordan with Micah. However, I came in at the wrong moment. A moment that I could take back. Audrey's words bore through my chest and I stood as shocked as Jordan and Kelly. The air around me stung of a bitter poison that was making it hard for me to breathe. Kelly then noticed me and placed a hand out and said my name. It sounded foreign to me. I think. I think I realized what Audrey meant by those people with strange abilities. I kind of just knew at that moment that I was Micah.

“Is that how you really feel about me?”

Audrey's closed off look almost instantly changed. Her furious look and tired eyes looked back and forth into my eyes and her hand instantly went to her mouth. She made a mistake.

“No. No. Micah-”

I looked left and right to the hazy images of imaginations. At one time they could have been real. They were real at one time. Far before The Pack. My eyes started to burn and I felt my self cringe at the pain that came every time I used these powers. I clenched my hands into fists feeling the jagged edges of my nails that I would bite. The pain left and I turned to my right at a mirror the mint green hue to my eyes was no more. A stale brown remained.

“I...I... I was just trying to get you all back! Last time we were looking for hours! I... I...”

I turned back towards the door, as she tried to take a step forward. I had many terrible things to say in return, but I forced my mouth shut. I left the room with out a sound and slowly closed it behind me. I stood alone in the hallway for a moment looking at the floor. With eyebrows pinched together, I took one deep breath in and out. I left the door and joined the doctor who was waiting at the end of the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to finish this and move on. Sorry if this is rushed!