Clueless

The Beast

Sometimes I can hear scratching at the door. I've never opened it. I've never wanted to know what's behind it

The Beast and I have become friends over the years. After being imprisoned for five years of my life, , I opened the door and i let him in.

We talk and Laugh all the time. I have all that i could ever need. I can't think of anything more that I could possibly want than what I have. A companion, food, shelter. Its all I've ever known.

I turned eighteen today. The Beast gave me a book. I've been reading and it is so wonderful. The stories are all about beautiful girls escaping monsters with the assistance of a hansom boy. Then there's something called love.

I wonder what life is like beyond these walls. The pictures in my books look magical. I didn't know that so many colors existed. I asked the Beast for a dress like the girls in my story book. I don't know if he will give me one. They are so bright and beautiful. I want one to match my eyes. Green.

I found a picture of the Beast in a story. When I showed it to him, he locked me in the room. It has been years since I've been in this room.

I don't remember the last time that I ate. I keep reading about the beast. In the end, he becomes a man.

He let me out today and apologized over and over. I wonder when he'll turn into a man. Maybe he'll always be The Beast. I don't know if I want him to change.

Today I asked him if I could leave the cave. He became terribly angry and hit me. My face broke into three deep gashes. Blood poured out of them. Crimson, hot and sticky.

I have been in the room ever since he hit me. I was so shocked when it happened. His touches have always been so gentle and soft. It wasn't until the lock clicked from the outside, that I registered what had happened. Where I was. By that time, I was already falling into deep darkness.

I woke up woozy. I saw dancing colors in front of my eyes and they whispered secrets in my ears. My head ached and my stomach made noises as it turned over. I am sitting in the corner, trying to stay away from the darkness that keeps pulling at me.

My cheek feels oddly warm. Some kind of liquid is oozing from my cuts but I don't have the energy to investigate what it could be.

The dancing colors are gone and have been replaced with something less pleasant. Shadows weave in and out in front, around, and through me. They shriek in my ears and tell me that I'll soon join them. I don't want to. Their screams are from somewhere real.

Things have been dark for some time now. I've grown accustomed to the shrieks and warnings. I don't think I'd want to leave even if I could. Here my face is cool and smooth. My stomach is silent and still. I think it will be better this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo this is a work in progress. I still don't know if I like it. When I first started it, I wanted to scrap it but I kept going. I'm still not sure. So I need your feedback!
I'll put up the second half once I've decided wether I like it or not.