‹ Prequel: Come Wake Me Up
Status: finished. look out for the third story.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

center of attention.

“I wish I could be here for New Years, but make sure you go out with your friends and get wasted,” Alex tells me. I nod, and he pulls me into a tight embrace. “I’ll see you in two months, yeah?”
“I’ll be getting disgustingly drunk.” Alex laughs and pecks my lips.
“I’ll see you later, beautiful.” I smile and watch the bus pull away.

“Cody? Are you ready yet?” I holler from the front door. “We’re going to miss our flight!” Cody rushes out of his room, tugging his suitcase behind him.
“Fuck, I actually hate this.”
We share a laugh and head for the airport where our cross-country flight gets delayed five hours, and we end up getting into LA at almost midnight Pacific time.
“When I said I hated this, it was a huge understatement,” Cody mutters, collapsing into his hotel bed. “At least we don’t have to stay with Mom or Dad.”
“You’re welcome.” I drop my things and pull back the covers. “I feel disgusting, but I don’t even care.” I bury myself in the sheets.
“Some birthday, huh?” Cody laughs.
“Oh, shit! It’s officially your birthday! Happy birthday, kid, and welcome to the legal world.”
“Does this mean I can go out with you and the guys?” I sit up and look at him. “Please?”
“Not if we go to the bars, no, but if we stay in the hotel, I don’t see why not.” Cody’s face lights up as he cheers.
“You’re the best, Gin.”
I let out a laugh. “I know.”
After a night of being probably near unconscious, Cody and I head to the studio. “Hi, how can I help you?” the receptionist greets. I can’t help but notice that she looks a little familiar.
“Yeah, could you points us in the direction of All Time Low’s booth. I’m supposed to be—“
“I ‘m sorry, but I can’t let you back there without a pass.” I furrow my eyebrows at the lady, but the name on her nametag clears it all up. Michelle Warner.
“Our names are—“
“Sorry, Virginia.” Her lips tug into a smirk.
I feel my brother looking at me as I pull out my phone and dial Alex. “Hey, babe, where are you?” he wonders.
“It seems I’ve run into a little trouble at the front desk. Would you mind coming and getting us?”
“Sure thing. I’ll be right out.”
I hang up the phone and tuck it back into my pocket. Alex enters the lobby a few moments later, and he looks at the reception desk. Michelle’s lips tug into a frown. “Come on back,” he invites.
“Sorry, Michelle,” I mock, following after Alex. I hear her scoff as we continue down the hallway.
“What was that about?” Alex wonders.
“I went to high school with her.” Alex looks at me with his eyebrows pinched, silently asking me. “Yeah, she was one of them,” I answer with a sigh. Alex’s lips pull into a smirk. “What?”
“It’s just funny,” he speculates.
“Why?”
“You’re a thousand times more beautiful than she is.” I can resist the smile forming, and Alex knows he said the right thing. “And she’s stuck as a receptionist.”
“I’m a bartender, Alex.”
“And a barista. And the girlfriend of the sexy lead singer of a famous band. And—“
“Alright, this turned into an ego boost real quick,” I laugh, cutting him off. Alex laughs too.
“Hey, Cody,” Alex calls after my brother. Cody stops and turns around in the doorway. “You want to track some drums?”

“Cody, listen, you need to stay with one of the guys or me, okay?” I look at my brother as he buttons up his shirt.
“Relax, Gin. I’m turning eighteen next week. I’ve been out before.”
“Not like this. I’m really not comfortable with it, and especially with that shitty fake ID.”
Cody scoffs. “It’s definitely not shitty.” He pulls out his wallet and examines the ID. There’s a knock on our hotel room door, and I look in the mirror and flatten out my little black dress. I head to the door and pull it open.
“Hey, ba—shit.” Alex takes a moment to one-over me and collects himself. “We’ve dated for how long, and I’ve never seen you clean up like this.”
I look down at my glittering red heels. “Is it too much?”
“Absolutely not.” He slides his hands into mine and lets one go to spin me in a circle. “You look…I can’t even find a fucking word for it.”
I smile and take in Alex’s appearance—black skinny jeans and a white button down. “You cleaned up pretty well, too. I don’t think I’ve seen you wear a button down other than a flannel or that stupid jean one you like.”
Alex rolls his eyes and just slings his arm over my shoulders. “Jack’s got the limo downstairs. Let’s go before he leaves.” Alex waits for my brother, and we head for the lobby.
The rest of the night is a blur of sweat, dancing, loud music, and alcohol. I wake up in a rather large hotel suite next to some blonde chick. The room is trashed. Absolutely destroyed. The coffee table and couch is overturned, the blankets of the king-sized bed are partially shredded and strewn all over the room.
I sit up and swing my legs over the side of the bed and search for anyone. I hear heaving from the bathroom, but other than that I’m the only other person besides the passed-out blonde in the room.
I push myself up and look for my clutch, but in this mess, I can’t find it anywhere. I head for the bathroom and push the door open. Zack is passed out next to the toilet.
His phone is sitting on the bathroom counter, and I luckily know the password.
I dial Alex. “Pick up,” I groan, exiting the bathroom.
“Hello?” a female voice mumbles. I glance at the king sized bed, thinking it’s her, but she’s still passed out.
“Who’s this?” I question.
“Who’s this?” she counters.
“Danielle…who is this?” I literally feel my heart shatter. “Hello?”
I hang up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
in that dress,
it makes me crazy.
i'm not the only one.