Time to Dance

The Hookup

"I'm sorry." He said pulling away.

Something compelled me to pull him back close to me and kiss him again so I did. It felt right between us. Then the guilt set in. What was I doing? I was with Dean still.

"Alex, we can't do this. It was wrong of me to kiss you." Nate said pulling away from me.

"I'm sorry. You are right. I am with Dean." I said getting out of the car and heading for the front door.

"Alexandra wait!" Nate said getting out of his car and chasing after me.

"I can't do this anymore. I don't want to be hurt and I don't want to hurt anyone." I said trying to fight my feelings as Nate grabbed me and turned me to face him.

"I don't want you to be hurt Alexandra. I know this is a bad time but I have to get this off my chest. I know you are with Dean but it kills me. It was wrong of me to kiss you but I have feelings for you. I have always had feelings for you. You mean so much more to me then a best friend." Nate let out.

"Nate..." I said.

"Let me finish." He said and I nodded my head. "As much as it kills me to see you with Dean, I want you to be happy. Are you happy with him? If you say yes, I will back off." Nate said.

"I...I...I'm not. I haven't been for awhile. Today made me see a new side of him I never have seen before." I said looking down finally starting to admit how I really feel to myself.

"Do you have feelings for me as I do for you?" He asked taking his left hand and gently lifting my chin up.

"I do." I said with tears starting to build up. "I think I have always had feelings for you, I was just afraid to admit it to myself and to you. I didn't want to lose you. I was afraid we would lose our connection." I said.

"Hey, you will never lose me." He said hugging me and whispering in my ear. Then, he looked me in my eyes and kissed me on the lips again.

"Wait, I am not even broken up with Dean, yet. I can't..." I tried to get out.

"I will try to be patient until you can find the right time to break things off with him." Nate replied understanding.

"It's getting dark. I better get inside before mom flips." I replied.

"Night." He said kissing my forehead.

"Nate." I said grabbing his arm as he stepped off the porch.

"Yeah." He replied turning around.

I grabbed him and kissed him a deep, long kiss again. I pulled away and he grinned.

"What?" I asked.

"You just can't stay away from me." He laughed.

"Right." I said rolling my eyes as I watched him walk next door.

I walked inside and got ready for bed. I told my dad about Nate and he told me to follow my heart. Then, I got my things ready for class tomorrow. Mom asked me how my day went and I told her everything was ok. I don't know why but I just felt like keeping my mother out of the dark on my life right now.

I crawled into bed and quickly fell asleep. Immediately I went straight into dreamland.

Nate?" I asked as I walked through an old house.

"Nate, this isn't funny. Where are you?" I asked slowly checking out each room.

I heard a laugh behind me and it wasn't Nate's. Then, I felt cold and started to shiver. I jumped as I thought I felt two cold fingers touch my shoulders as I was wearing a cami and pajama bottoms. I turned to look but there was no one there. The laugh seemed familiar.

The next thing I knew I was standing in a ball room surrounded with tables and flowers everywhere. I was wearing a beautiful red dress and I had a corsage on with red and white carnations. I looked down to see I had on a beautiful silver necklace with a ring instead of a pendant.

I had a gut feeling to turn around and when I did I saw Nate wearing a matching tux. He walked over to me and we began to dance. We even had one of those disco balls over us.

"Hey, beautiful." Nate said.

"This is so perfect." I smiled.

Then, I heard that laugh again and Nate pushed me behind him. Three guys appeared out of nowhere and one of them looked like that Dimetri fellow. This whole dream was weird.

"She isn't ready." Nate replied.

"What is going on?" I asked confused.

The guy who looked like Dimetri laughed that laugh. That is how I recognized the voice. It was from him.

He picked up Nate and they started to fight. For some reason I was powerless to move. All I could do was to scream. I tried to get up off the floor and help fight but I couldn't move.

Dimetri grabbed Nate and said, "I want to take everything from you so that you will come over to our side. You are apart of the war." He said.

There was the war issue again. What war? Then he took Nate away from me and then everyone was gone.

I got up and screamed out for Nate. "Nate! Nate!" I said but he was gone.

Then I heard his voice in my head. He said, "You will never lose me. I will always be here for you."

I sat up in bed. Then I started to cry. Why was this happening to me? Why was I dreaming these terrible things?

I got up and went to my window. Nate's light was off. I snuck out my window and walked over to his. Surprisingly, it was unlocked this time and I didn't have to knock.

I crawled in and then walked over to his bed to see him sleeping. I sighed a huge sigh of relief that he was safe. I then crawled into bed beside him and he rolled over like an instinct wrapping his arm around me making me feel safe. I then fell back to sleep.