Time to Dance

You Jump, I Jump Right?

(Kayla's POV)

"You can breathe now, Kayla." Will replied giving me a quick smirk as I opened my eyes. I would have rolled my eyes but I didn't have time as I quickly jumped out of Will's arms.

"Get them!" I heard Dimitri yell from the balcony to his guards out in the great lawn we were standing in.

Will grabbed my hand and made me take off running with him. A few vampires came our way and he shoved me behind him to protect me as he started fighting the vampires. I watched as he snapped their necks, quick and fierce as he didn't have any stakes to kill them with. I was impressed at how his strength and agility was.

"Listen to me." Will said as we ran behind a shed. "I am going to give you a boost over the brick wall and I want you to run." Will replied placing his hands on both sides of my face. "Do you understand me, Kayla? I want you to run and not stop for anything." He said.

"But you? What about you? I don't want to leave you!" I said realizing he was going to stay behind so I had a chance at getting away.

"Don't argue with me, Kayla. I love you. I will be fine." Will said kissing my forehead. Then he gave me a boost and hoisted me over the wall. "Go! I will catch up!" I heard him yell at me once I was over. I also heard Dimitri's voice as I stood there speechless on the now opposite side of the wall that seperated me from Will.

"Darn it Kayla, run!" I heard in my head. Boy did that send me running. I ran all the way into some woods in the dark. All I had to go by was the moonlight.

I kept thinking and fearing the worst as I ran. I couldn't hear Will in my head and I was scared that he was either dead or Dimitri had him. Will had told me that we were bound now. What did that mean exactly? Then it hit me. It was just like how Nate is with Alex. I can hear Will in my thoughts and he can sort of try to control me with that vampire persuasion. If we make it out alive, like that is ever going to happen to me.

I started to get tired as it seemed I had run at least a mile in these woods. I wanted to stop and was about to until I heard a wolf howl. The only wolf I knew that was a friendly wolf was Dean and I know he wasn't out here. I started to push myself to run harder but I tripped and fell hurting my left ankle. I tried to stand but the pain stopped me.

I started to crawl until the howling got louder and then I heard it snarling as I looked up to see a giant werewolf in front of me. It had to be Jake. What, was he working for Dimitri now and was signaling that he had found me?

"Easy there, boy." I said backing up. I let out a slight scream as Jake lunged at me and covered my face. I heard a yelp and then silence. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Always getting into trouble and can't run like they are told?" Will replied holding his hand out to me.

"Will!" I said as he helped me up and picked me up in his arms.

"Come on we aren't out of the woods yet. No pun intended." Will laughed as he took off running into the woods.

"Wait. I thought you might be...? How did you find me?" I managed to get out.

"Easy silly. I know where you are now all the time." Will smiled. I liked this carefree, confident new Will and maybe it was the badboy vampire thing going for him right now but Will really seemed sexy as hell, more so now then I ever thought he was. Not that I am saying that I didn't find Will attractive before all this, because I did, its just different now.

"Hey, I know this place." I said as Will put me down once we hit a path.

"It's Lookout Pointe!" We said together and then laughed.

"Did you hurt Jake?" I asked becoming concerned.

"That was Jake?" Will asked.

"Yeah, that werewolf. Pete and Alex didn't mention it?" I asked.

"No or if they did I was half listening." Will replied.

"Will!" I said playfully punching his arm.

"I just knocked him out was all." Will answered.

"I'm glad you are back." I said wrapping my arms around his waist as he held me up.

"Me too." He replied kissing my lips. I am not going to lie, I liked this.

"We need to get out of here. We don't have much time." Will said breaking the kiss.

"Oh and why is that?" I said hurt that he broke his spell over me. I wanted more kisses.

"Dimitri is still out there." He pointed towards the woods. "And the sun is coming up soon. I can feel it."

"So how are we going to get down the mountain. It's a very long walk to any sort of building." I replied as we walked over to the cliff our parents used to fight vampires years ago. We knew all about Lookout Pointe and um not just from vampire stories.

"Easy. We jump." Will replied.

"What? Are you crazy?" I asked.

"Did I not land on my feet?" Will replied.

"Yeah but that was a building. This is a serious I don't know how many feet drop that can like kill me for sure." I whined.

"Do I have to force you to jump with me?" Will asked trying to use his persuasion.

"No, you are not using that on me, mister. Forget that persuasion thingy." I said turning my back to him but he still held on to me or I would have fallen.

"Look, you know we can't walk in enough time to find shelter from the sun and you can't walk because of your ankle so we jump." Will said and he was right.

"Fine. I hate you." I said climbing back into Will's arms.

"That's why you love me so much to compensate." He grinned as I closed my eyes and hoped I wouldn't get sick.