Time to Dance

Family

"Look mommy, isn't he special?" I heard a voice say. I then saw a girl playing in some sand next to a little boy. The girl looked to be around four with the boy a year younger. Then I recognized it was a younger version of me who spoke.

I remember this memory. I must be dreaming. Mom had taken me and Will to a beach to play one day. Will was digging and having fun in the sand and I knew that he was smart. I knew he was special in some sort of way. I wanted to tell my mother that without her thinking I was weird and amazingly, she didn't argue with me or freak out about it. She just smiled and said, "I know."

Will could have any girl he wanted. He was popular with the ladies but he only had his eye on one girl which of course turned out to be my best friend Kayla. Who knew all these years that he harbored a crush on her? I mean he looked just like a younger version of our dad; breaking hearts wherever he went. Somehow though, he inherited a smart brain and became sort of a geek. Even though he loved music and could play certain instruments, a computer was his best friend, hence the hacking into school records. Hacking....I drifted.

Another memory emerged to prom night. Will showed such amazing strength. It was a trait passed down from our mother being the slayer. I think that makes him a half slayer considering that he doesn't have any other power. Then my mind flashed back to what happened tonight and I started to become upset again until I heard Will's voice.

"Alex." Will said. I turned around in my dream.

"Will? Are you real? I saw you...Dimitri had you..." I got out totally forgetting this was a dream.

"Shh. It's ok." He said moving toward me. "Everything's going to be all right." Will replied extending his hand to me. I grabbed it and pulled him into a hug.

"You're ok. I thought Dimitri killed you or turned you." I said as I pulled away and then I screamed as I watched Will open his mouth to reveal two pointy, white fangs.

"No!" I screamed backing up and into Nate.

"Shh. Alex, its ok. What's wrong?" Nate replied as I turned back around to see nothing behind me. Will was gone.

"Nate, did you see him?" I asked.

"See who?" Nate replied.

"Will. He was here. I think he was turned." I said right before I snapped awake.

I awoke in a dark room. I couldn't tell exactly which room I was in but I knew Nate was here with me so I assumed it was his. I bolted out of bed and took off running towards the living room with a confused Nate behind me. There were alot of people in the house now. I knew who they were but didn't want to see them. I knew that they were here to help us and support Erelin and me over losing Kayla, Josh, and Will. I heard a doorbell ring and stopped in my tracks as Erelin went to open the door.

Erelin looked tired like she had been up all night and I realized that I had been out for awhile. I wasn't even sure what time it was. Maybe it was morning and that is why Nate's room was so dark was to keep the light out.

Erelin opened the door to see Kayla fly into her arms. "Kayla? Oh, Kayla, you're safe." Erelin said just hugging her daughter. Then I felt something. "Will!" I yelled as I approached the door.

Will had his back turned to me. I looked back behind me to see Nate nod. He knew after all. Nate saw my dream just as I had. Will was alive but a vampire only one of the good kind.

I stepped outside to see that it was starting to get light out. "Will." I said touching his shoulder. He turned around.

"Hey, sis." He said placing his hands in his pants pockets like it was nothing. "Are you going to let me in?" He asked.

"Will." I said grabbing him and holding him tight. "I'm so sorry, Will."

"It's ok, sis. I love you too but I'm not going to be around much longer if I don't get inside." Will replied.

I took Will's hand and said, "Will, I invite you in." Then I walked him inside where everyone minus the Hurleys' were at.

I heard everyone gasp. I started to hear a growl and kept Will directly behind me as Kayla closed the front door behind us.

"You let a vampire into the house!" Dean barked.

"Calm down, Dean. It's not what you think and you know it." Nate said holding him back.

"Then what is it and where is Josh?" Joe demanded stepping forward out of the group.

"Let Will speak." Brendon replied stepping forward by me and giving me a wink.

"What about us? How do you know exactly that Will is good? No offense Alex" Patrick replied which shocked me. He of all people should know based on my dad.

Will went to speak but Kayla spoke first explaining everything that she saw last night at the school and what happened. She spoke of how Will had saved her. Then she walked beside him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Will is a good vampire." I said as everyone started to argue again.

"How do we know you aren't just saying that because he was your brother?" Bev fired at me. This is coming from my mom's best friend?

"Has everyone gone bonkers? I know this is an upsetting time right now. I guess I am stepping forward and pulling rank and maybe I am over stepping my bounds here but has everyone forgotten who I am?" I said getting a little pissed. The room got quiet, very quiet.

"My father is a vampire. He used to be one eighteen years ago, remember? I don't think you shied away from him then. My mother knew and sensed he was good and I know and sense Will is good. He will not hurt us and I don't want to hear anything else on the matter. Is that understood? If you have a problem with that then you are going to have to deal with me first." I said crossing my arms.

"And me." Kayla replied.

"And me." Nate said stepping in front of her.

"And me." Brendon replied making me smile.

"But what about our son?" Bev said almost coming to tears. "Is he like Will or is he dead?" She asked.

"I don't know where Josh is. I don't remember much. If he is out there, then I will find him." Will said.

Dean looked at me and then hugged his mom. I knew it was hard for him to do this but he came forward extending his hand out to Will. "We will do it together."

"How is dad?" I said wiping a tear from my eye. I had focused so much on Will that I had forgotten about dad.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Erelin replied leading me and Will to where Dad was at.