Time to Dance

There Is A Fine Line Between Lust And Love

(Lyra's POV)

I just invited a vampire into my home. My mind screamed that this was wrong but my heart told me I had to help Josh. I could see it in his eyes as he came towards me that he was conflicted. I had heard all the stories about Brendon, Erelin, and of course Pete. I knew what they were like when they first turned. I should have yelled for my dad but no, instead I am trying to handle a blood thirsty vampire who I love on my own. Me and the bad boys. Go figure. Must be in my blood.

"Josh, we need to talk about this." I said backing away from Josh.

"What is there to talk about? You smell good and I'm hungry." Josh replied as he flashed his fangs at me.

"You are my friend. You obviously came here for a reason. I know you don't want to hurt me. I can see it in your eyes. You are my Josh, and my Josh wouldn't do this." I said as I tripped onto the bed. Josh was soon on top of me pinning me down before I had a chance to get back up and run for my life.

My heart started to race. I mean yeah, who wouldn't want a hot guy of their dreams pinning them down? It was kind of kinky but this was a whole different scenario. This wasn't my boyfriend or anything, this was a vampire who needed my help. How can I stall him?

Josh still had me pinned. I started to struggle a bit but he was too strong for me with his vampire strength and the more I fought, my wrists hurt. My breathing started to become shallow as he leaned in to breathe into my left ear. "You are so intoxicating." Josh breathed.

Intoxicating? That was all he could come up with? If I survive this and he regains his memory back, I am so not going to let him forget this.

Josh then started to trace down my neck until he came to the scar I had from Dimitri and Nate's bite. Josh started to relax on my arms a bit with his left hand and then he suddenly let go. I couldn't move. I was in shock that he let me go.

"What is happening to me?" He asked as he moved off me and to the side of me. He started to place his hands on his head like he was in pain.

"Josh, you need to remember who you are. You are my friend and I care about you. You are not one of them. You don't want to hurt me." I said slowly trying to move away from him.

"Where do you think you are going?" He said snapping back into vampire mode and pinning me again.

"Josh!" I yelled without trying to wake my parents.

Josh leaned into my neck about to bite me and I closed my eyes fearing the worst. I mean dying for the one you love is great but dying like this not so great. But if it was to save Josh and hopefully get his memory back by doing this so be it. I loved him too much.

Just as I felt his lips on my neck and I thought it was all over for me, I felt a kiss on my scar and Josh pulled away from me, sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me. I didn't know what to think as I opened my eyes and sat up in bed.

I looked in my dresser mirror across from the end of the bed. There was only my reflection showing from the light coming in from my balcony door. It was starting to become daylight but the sun wasn't fully risen yet. It was weird not seeing Josh in the mirror.

I crawled over behind him where he had his head in his hands. I went to touch his shoulder but Josh pulled away. "Don't touch me." He replied pulling away from me. I could tell that my Josh was back and he must be remembering. I could tell he was hating himself right now.

"I'm going to touch you whether or not you like it, mister." I snapped.

"No, Lyra. I'm a monster. I can't even look at you right now. I tried to kill you. I still want to." Josh replied getting up off the bed.

"It doesn't matter to me what you are. You're back and obviously you came here because you needed my help." I said getting up off the bed.

"Help? Your image popped into my head. I wanted your blood!" Josh replied grabbing me, but I wasn't scared.

"Josh, you wouldn't hurt me just as I know Nate doesn't hurt Alex." I said looking into Josh's eyes. They had soften some but I could still tell Josh was fighting himself; the so called monster in him. I knew it was going to be hard for him to keep his sanity.

"You don't know that! I should just go and kill myself in the sun while I still can!" Josh said but I somehow was too fast for him. I managed to close the balcony door and pull the curtain too before the sun became so bright it would kill Josh.

"Lyra, move away from the door." Josh snapped.

"No!" I argued.

"Lyra..." He started.

"No and don't try to use that vampire persuasion thing on me, mister! It's not going to work this time. I might have fallen for it with Dimitri but no matter how much I love you..." I stopped. I let the cat out of the bag.

"Did you just say that you love me?" Josh stopped fighting me.

"I mean yeah, I love you, I mean we are friends you know." I tried to cover.

"Oh." Josh said.

"I mean you are in love with Nonnie, remember? Speaking of she probably needs to know..." I was cut off.

"Crap!" Josh said.

"What?" I asked.

"I went to her." He said as I could tell he was trying to fit pieces together of what happened to make him a vampire. "I scared her. She hates me." Josh added.

"Maybe she just needs to understand. We can call her together." I replied.

"No. It's best this way anyhow. I was going to break up with her soon." Josh replied making my heart skip a beat. "Things just weren't working out."

"I'm sorry, Josh." I said placing my right hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be." He shrugged as I led him back to the bed.

"See, I told you that you could do it." I smirked.

"Do what?" Josh asked.

"I knew you wouldn't bite me. You are back. I can see it in your eyes, Josh." I smiled.

"Lyra, it's still a struggle for me right now. I still have the urge and right now I am winning but what if one day I don't. I still need blood and..." Josh trailed.

"I can get my dad. We can call Pete. We can deal with this." I said. "So do you remember what happened to you. I thought that you, Will, and Pete were going to the school to hack into their computer system so that Nate and Dean can graduate." I replied confused.

"Kayla! Will! No!" Josh replied jumping up off the bed.

"Josh what is it?" I asked but as soon as I did, Josh started to shake and collapsed on the floor. I knew I should have ran to get my dad but I just couldn't leave Josh here. It was his body. Every fresh vampire needs blood. He needed my blood if he was going to make it through the day. Getting my father to go get blood would be too late. Josh wouldn't make it in the next hour.

"Josh...Josh listen to me. You need to drink from me to live." I said as I held him in my arms.

"No..No." He stammered as he was going through a withdrawl.

"You have to." I said helping him up and over to the bed.

"I would kill you." Josh replied.

"It doesn't matter. Josh, I lied. I do love you. I fought it for so long. I didn't realize it until its too late. You can do this because I trust you. I know you will stop." I said as I laid on the bed.

"No." Josh kept saying.

"If you don't then I am grabbing my letter opener and slitting my wrist open to where you have to drink from me." I said knowing I would have him.

"Fine." He said extending his fangs. His body was still shaking from where he had become weak.

Josh leaned over my neck and I closed my eyes. I felt his teeth sink into my neck. It was different then Dimitri and different then Pete's bite. This bite was more gentle until the sucking and drinking began. I started to see flashes of light that were intoxicating and then I saw everything that happened to Nate. I saw Alex at the school with fear, and I saw Kayla and Will and then I saw the fight and turning of Nate against his will.

My body started to twitch and I started to feel very weak and tired. I tried to open my mouth to tell Josh to stop but couldn't. My right arm must have jerked because the next thing I knew I heard my lamp from my nightstand shatter and Josh let go of me.

"Lyra, talk to me. Are you ok?" I could hear Josh say but I couldn't open my eyes. I was feeling as if I was on a high despite the weakness of my body.

"Lyra, talk to me!" Josh said shaking. "Don't do this to me. I love you too much, I can't..." He trailed.

"Do what? You can't lose me?" I grinned as I opened my eyes. "You can never lose me and did you just say that you love me?" I asked beaming again.

"Yeah, I did. Don't ever scare me like that again." Josh said pressing his forehead against mine. This strangely felt right. It takes a death scare to bring two people closer together.

I heard fast, angry footsteps coming down the hall. Crap! My dad must have heard my lamp shatter and wanted to check on me.

"My dad is coming!" I said but too late. He had already flung the door open.

"What the hell?" My father screamed with my mother of course behind him.