Time to Dance

The Almost Father/Son Talk

(Pete's POV)

"So you want to see me?" Nate asked nervously.

"Yes." I said.

"Look I know Alex has been..." Nate replied.

"Nate, I know that you and Alex love each other. I know you are doing everything you can to protect my daughter. Graduation is coming up. I am worried. I want my little girl to graduate. I didn't wish this life on my daughter." I said sitting back down on the bed.

"Alexandra will graduate. Heck, she will even go to college. I'm not going to let anything happen to her, sir. Are you really sure you think Alex is ready to go out and patrol at night?" Nate asked.

"I can't hold her back anymore. She deserves to be out there and even though I worry about her with Dimitri still on the loose, I have trained her well. And you have too. I used to worry about Amanda, believe it or not everytime we were out fighting. It's like an instinct. No matter what happens to yourself your first priority is to protect the one you love, slayer or not." I sat remembering the old days.

"Listen Nate, you have been having dreams haven't you? You haven't told Alex about them." I replied.

"How do you know about that?" Nate asked shocked.

"Because I used to have them with Amanda. Don't screw up like I did. I made alot of bad decisions in doing what I thought was right in protecting her. You know the stories. Learn from my mistakes. But you feel it too just like I do now. Something is going to happen, kid. I don' t know when or how but all I can say is never let your guard down. I trust you and only you to watch over my daughter. You are like a son to me even though Urie is your dad." I said shaking my head. Nate just smiled that goofy Urie smile.

"I would die to protect Alex. Something is coming. I can sense it. In my dreams I see death and then there is Alex. I don't know what it means exactly but if it involves Alexandra, I am going to do everything in my power to prevent it." Nate replied.

"I guess now we just have to worry about finding Josh." I said.

"Don't you know? He was turned. We must go out and find him before he hurts someone." Nate said worried.

"Dad, Nate, I think you might want to come see this!" Will yelled as he banged on the door disrupting my conversation with Nate.

We glanced at each other and headed for the bedroom door. What could be so important? I just hope it was a good thing and not more bad news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is late. More updates are on the way in the next day or so. Been busy with work and I saw a few days ago We The Kings with a friend who came in from Ohio to visit with me and see the show.