Time to Dance

The Morning Before Graduation

(Nate's POV)

Pete and I both ran back into the living room of my parents' house. I felt another vampire here. Bev and Joe were huddled around Lyra, Andy and...Josh! I couldn't believe it! I looked over past everyone else to see Dean and Alex sitting on the couch. This had to be hard on him.

"Son, look, Josh is ok!" My dad said patting my back.

"Um, dad, in case you have forgotten, Josh is a vampire, the same as I. That's not ok." I said shaking my head.

"I don't care if you are a vampire. If I can handle one son being a werewolf then I can handle the other as a vampire. I am just glad to have you home! I was so worried." Bev said not letting her son go.

"Ok, mom. I'm still a newborn you might not want to hug me so close." Josh replied.

"Nonsense!" Joe said hugging both Bev and Joe.

Pete started asking questions to Andy and Josh and I moved over out of everyone else's way who was here over to the couch. Alex was holding Dean's hand. He didn't look to good, like he wanted to hurt something.

"I shouldn't feel this way man." Dean looked up at me. "I was all ready to go out tonight and help search for my brother, knowing what he is. Will took me off guard and I am still trying not to hurt him but now its just too much. All these vampires are making me go crazy. I know its the werewolf instinct in me to destroy. I am seriously trying to fight it." Dean went on as Alex squeezed his hand tighter which normally would have hurt a human but Alex was the slayer and strong. She was trying to hold Dean back.

"Dean, its ok." I said touching his shoulder.

"No, its not ok. One vampire, I can handle. Two ok. But now four? I love my brother and I don't want to hurt him. I can't deal with this man. I am going out of my mind." Dean replied.

"Dean, we have school in an hour. Remember we have to show up because its Class Day. We can sort this out later and it should give you time to process this." Alex said smiling and trying to be optimistic.

"Yeah, at least you don't have to arrive wearing a blanket over their body to school. Imagine how that one is going to work out when Dad drops me off. I have alot of blocking to do so people don't ask questions. Besides today is our last day of fundom. Saying goodbye to all teachers and life as we know it. Tomorrow is graduation and I know I kicked your ass in academics! Those awards are mine." I replied trying to make him feel better.

"Thanks guys but I think I just need to be alone." Dean said getting up. Alex and I both blocked him from charging over to where his brother was in case he thought about attacking him. Dean just bolted through the kitchen with me and Alex in pursuit.

"I'll get him. I can track Dean. Love you. If I am late can you block that out too?" Alex laughed before kissing me.

"We'll see." I smiled. "Don't be too late!" I yelled as I watched her head out through the sliding doors of the kitchen and hop over the fence after Dean. I then headed back into the living room because I couldn't get too close to the doors because of the sunlight.

"This has certainly been one week hasn't it son?" My father replied placing his arm around my shoulders.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure, ask away." My father answered.

"What happens after graduation? I know you are older than mom by a couple years. How did you guys survive her graduation if all this chaos was going on around you?" I asked.

"Well, there was a slight fight with vampires after your mother graduated but then there was the awesome party that made up for it. Oh yeah, did I forget you are having a party tomorrow night after the ceremony?" Dad replied going off topic. "It's not everyday that my boy graduates and becomes a man."

"Ok, dad, nevermind. I think I am ready for school." I said walking over to where Will and Kayla were after Dad didn't give me the answer I was looking for.

"Kayla, its time for class." I said grabbing Kayla's arm and dragging her away from Will.

"Now? But I wanted to talk to Josh more and certainly Will." She said blowing him kisses with her free hand.

"Help me to the car. Now." I said rolling my eyes. Sisters. You can't live with them and you can't live without them.