Time to Dance

Last Day Of School

Good thing about slayers is that they can run fast to keep up with vampires and werewolves but Dean has managed to slip from me. I lost his trail which means he found a ride with someone because I couldn't track him or feel him close to me anymore. This sucks and now I am going to be late for school because I what do I have to do; run home and change into something nice.

I made it home and found the cars were gone from Erelin's house. Dad was probably still hanging out over there with Will because of the sunlight. I just wish they could see me accept my awards today along with mom.

I grabbed a short, black skirt, red top, and some sandals. I managed to do something with my hair, sprayed a bit of perfume to drive Nate up a wall, and voila; I was a girl ready for a boring Class Day. I ran downstairs and found the keys to the Jeep.

I arrived thirty minutes late to homeroom only to find that they weren't taking attendance until we lined up for Class Day. I sighed a huge sigh of relief. The homeroom bell rang and everyone took off to first period. Our awards ceremony was to start during what would have been second period. The hallways were so cluttered with seniors all anxious to talk to their friends one last time before we no longer can run down the halls before the last warning bell to get to first period sounded.

"Alex! Alex, you made it!" I heard Kayla yell from behind me.

"Hey." I turned around and waved to her.

"Where is your brother?" I asked. I knew he was here somewhere. I could feel him.

"He is here somewhere. Anyway did you find Dean?" Kayla asked.

"Boo!" Dean replied as he touched Kayla's sides and made her scream and jump.

"Don't do that!" Kayla hit Dean.

"Are we better?" I asked Dean.

"I just needed to get away for a bit but I ran into a friend who helped me alot." Dean replied.

"You have friends. Please." Kayla said as her and Dean stuck their tongues out at each other.

"Hey beautiful." I felt two arms slide around my waist.

"Hey, yourself." I smiled as I turned my head to kiss Nate.

"You smell good." Nate whispered in my ear. Then he started kissing down my neck.

"Nate, we are in public you know." I laughed.

"Yeah, like get a room." Dean said.

"Hey how did the school cover up what happened last night?" I asked.

"You didn't see them?" Kayla asked surprised.

"No. I was late thanks to you Dean and I had to change my clothes. See who?" I asked.

"The cops were investigating. Principal Johnson just said the school had a minor break in on the morning announcements, nothing to worry about that it was from a rival school." Dean answered.

"I helped fix that part." Nate smiled proudly.

"What's up guys?" Bailey replied with a silent Lyra behind him.

"Man, your parents freak out about everything." Kayla replied.

"Yeah, about that, I wasn't there but I heard from Lyra already. I am sorry that my parents freaked out over Will and then Josh last night." Bailey apologized.

"It wasn't your fault. We don't hold you responsible for Aunt Sam and Uncle Patrick's actions." Nate said.

"So how is my brother?" Dean said quietly.

"Josh is resting at Erelin's. All our parents should be gathering in the gym. He looks good. Josh has some color back." Lyra replied as I looked at her neck. I noticed the slight scar.

"Hey guys." Nonnie replied coming down the hallway.

"Uh, why is she here?" Lyra said under her breath.

"Cut her some slack Lyra." Dean replied.

"She is the one who turned her back on Nate last night. He could have died!" Lyra said.

"I know all about that. Nonnie is the one who gave me a ride this morning and helped me out and she is sorry." Dean said before he hushed Lyra.

"Listen guys, Dean informed me about what happened last night. How is Josh?" Nonnie asked once she was closer to us.

"Like you care." Lyra replied.

"Lyra!" I said hushing her.

"Lyra was just telling us that he got his color back some and is resting at Nate's." Dean spoke up.

"That's excellent news. Well, I guess I better go. See you at the awards, Dean?" Nonnie asked making me look at both Nonnie and Dean.

"See you then." Dean waved as Nonnie walked off.

"What?" Dean asked as we were all standing there looking at him like he had lost his mind.

"Nothing." We all replied.

"Well, guys, take a good look around. This is the last time we will be conversing in the hallways." Nate replied.

I looked at my friends, then down the hallway. I had so many good memories here at this school just with my friends. In a way I was sad to leave but anxious to get out. The last warning bell rang and we all scrambled to our first period class. It wasn't like we had any actual work to do. We just had to sit and wait an hour before our award ceremony known as boring Senior Class Day started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its a filler but I am writing more.