Time to Dance

Caught In Bed

"Ahem!" I heard someone say as Nate and I stirred awake.

"Uh, dad!" Nate said as I opened my eyes to see his father standing over us on my side of the bed.

"It's not what you think!" Nate exclaimed.

"Then what exactly am I seeing?" Brendon replied.

"I can explain. I am sorry too and it won't happen again but I had a nightmare and I snuck over and please don't tell my dad. Nothing happened, I swear!" I said sitting up in bed.

"You better get back over to your room." Uncle Brendon said pointing to the window.

"Please don't tell mom." I heard Nate say as I quickly hopped out his window.

Before I ran over to my room I heard Nate's dad laugh and say, "Well, she is definately like her mother." What was that supposed to mean?

I couldn't let it bother me. I was worried that he was going to say something to my mom and dad and on top of that I had to get ready for school and catch the bus. Ugh, I hate having nightmares and now because of them I might not ever get to see Nate again.

I quickly got ready for school and walked out to the bus stop with my brother and sister. Lizzie was still in middle school. She would be a freshman next year but she shared the same stop as us, just a different bus.

"Kayla, I thought that you would be riding in the car with your brother." Will said a little too happy as Kayla walked over. I looked at him and then at Kayla. No, there was no way my brother liked Kayla. They always argue too much.

"Uh, well I was kicked out. I thought I would ride with you." Kayla said smiling at Will.

Was I missing something? Was my best friend falling for my brother now or vice versa? Maybe it is all in my head and I am just thinking too much but I will definately ask Kayla about this later.

"My brother," Kayla said rolling her eyes, "Wants you to meet him over there at his car."

"Uh, did he say why?" I asked wondering if she knows that Nate and I had finally hooked up and that we got busted this morning for doing absolutely nothing but the fact I was sleeping in his bed.

"No. How was your date last night?" She smiled as I started to walk back across the street to her house.

"It wasn't a date." I lied. Well, it started out not as a date. Did it turn into one?

"I wish you two would just hook up already." Kayla sighed as I sighed that she doesn't know yet that we are hooked up.

I walked over to his car and he walked outside checking over his shoulder I guess to make sure that his parents weren't watching him. I knew that Brendon hadn't called my parents yet and I prayed that he wouldn't while I was in school. I just wondered what his dad had to say to him.

"Get in the car." Nate said which made me think we were in big trouble.

Nate pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street super fast making me worry. "Slow down." I said grabbing onto his "oh shit" handle on the car.

"Did I scare you?" He laughed. "You thought I was in deep trouble as well as yourself." He smiled.

"Nate Urie! You scared the heck out of me. I thought you were mad and we were in trouble!" I said hitting his arm as he drove us.

"Hey, you hit hard! That hurt." He said.

"Well, you deserve it scaring me like that. Do you know how freaky it was for me to wake up with your dad standing over us?" I snapped. "Don't you ever lock your bedroom door? Wait, obviously not." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't you want to know what my dad said to me?" He asked.

"Well, I heard that I was like my mother after I hopped out your window." I said looking out the window.

"You want to know why?" He asked me.

"Shoot." I said.

"Your mother used to sneak into your father's room before they were a couple and had you. That is why he said that." Nate laughed.

"Oh." I said. "Wow. Who knew that about my mother?" I said shocked.

"Dad had a little talk with me. He said he would not tell your parents and he wouldn't tell my mother." Nate explained.

"Good, cause I don't want her to hate me or think I am robbing the cradle with her son." I said smiling.

"Mom doesn't hate you number one, she loves you. Number two, let's see, you are only four months older then me. That's not much to rob the cradle on." He laughed.

"Dad was sort of cryptic. He warned me about using protection even after I reiterated to him we were not having sex. I also told him that you were going to break up with Dean and that we were going to start dating. He didn't seemed surprised really. It was weird. Dad was like a whole different person when he talked to me. The last thing he did was warn me to always be safe and to protect you. I mean I would always do that but it was weird what dad was telling me. Oh, and next time I will lock the door so you can sleep over when you want." Nate smiled.

"I bet." I said rolling my eyes as we started to pull into the parking lot.

"Hey, what the...!" Nate said slamming his breaks on as a big silver suv pulled into Nate's parking spot. Nate rolled down his window and honked his horn. "That's my spot!" He yelled.

I watched as Jake and his friend Eric, another friend and Dean stepped out of the suv. Dean? What was he doing with Jake? I thought he was sick. He looked different.

"Sorry man, guess you need to find another spot." Jake laughed and then stared straight at me before he turned to walk away.

"Dean, what the hell?" Nate replied confused. All Dean did was stare at us with a cold stare and walk with his new group.

I looked at Nate. This was weird. Nate pulled around and found another spot to park in. This was going to be a long and weird day.