Time to Dance

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Class Day was finally over and we were now free, well almost. There was still a graduation to attend to tomorrow evening at the school. Since there were alot of us and our school has a massive football field, almost equivalent to a college stadium, that was where our graduation ceremony was to take place.

All of my friends minus Nate all went out to eat after the awards ceremony to the diner we all hang out at. Brendon let me know that tonight was the night my father wanted to take me out on patrol with everyone included. Dad wanted to be safe which meant he wanted me to be safe.

I quietly sighed to myself wishing that it would just be me and Nate patrolling the streets like my mother and my father used to do. I know Dad was just worried about me because of my tendency to go to the dark side as I am calling it whenever Dimitri was around but I think I can handle it now. Besides he was the one who told me that I have to go out and learn on my own anywhow. I guess I shouldn't complain. I am not cooped up anymore at the house.

"You ok?" Nate asked in my thoughts.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"You seem distant or distracted." Nate said.

"I'm just tired. I think after your parents drop me off I am going to nap before we go out tonight." I said.

"You are worried." Nate answered.

"What if Dimitri tries something for graduation or worse. What if that new kid comes back that chased me the other night? I don't want our friends to get hurt because of me. Our class is huge and families are going to be together..." I trailed.

"We will handle it together but I don't think Dimitri will start anything." Nate replied trying to comfort me.

When I left the diner I did go home to sleep. I didn't sleep much for my dreams took over; dark dreams. I woke up in a sweat. As much as I want to fight Dimitri, I know how my body is. I can't control it much whenever he is around.

"What if Dimitri...I trailed ending my thoughts there and got ready for tonight.

Once I had made it over to Nate's my dad congratulated me and hugged me, telling me how proud of me he was and that mom would be too. I just smiled and nodded. Then I went and stocked up on weapons to take my mind off tomorrow and the fact that I miss my mother now more than ever. Who would have thought that?

"So is daddy still going to have you on a leash?" Dean teased me.

"Shut up." I grinned punching his arm.

"Hey, not so hard next time." Dean whined.

"Wuss." Everyone laughed as a knock occured on the front door.

"Who could that be?" I asked Nate who shrugged his shoulders at me.