Time to Dance

I Make Them Good Girls Go Bad

"You!" I yelled, angrily shooting off an arrow towards the voice.

"Did you miss me princess?" The voice belonging to none other than Jace the teenage looking vampire from the school the other night.

"What do you want?" I said loading up another arrow.

"Easy now. Is that anyway to greet a friend?" Jace laughed as he had my first arrow in his hands from where he caught it.

"Last I saw, we weren't friends. You wanted to bite me." I replied as we circled each other, watching each other.

"Oh come now. That was just me wanting to welcome you to my group." Jace said.

"Right. So you are responsible for the attack on me and Nate?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"That was just to test you. Your friend will be ok." Jace answered.

"Boyfriend." I corrected him.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "You could be with me princess." Jace smiled.

Jace wasn't bad looking but aside from the fact he was still an evil vampire. I didn't know exactly where he came from or what he wants but I dont want to become his next meal. Not tonight anyway. There was also the factor that he was the bad vampire. He had no soul and yet the way he interacts with me...

"Stop calling me that." I said about to shoot my bow at him again as I came back to reality.

"Hey. He will be fine. It was just to slow him down and for me to talk to you." Jace replied.

"I think my pointy arrow here would love to become your friend if you dont stop playing games and get to the point." I remarked.

"You need some work. You aren't bad." Jace said lunging at me.

"That's it!" I said charging towards him. Jace didn't say a word as we both started to fight each other.

"Your right hook needs practicing more." Jace said.

I stepped back too far and tripped over a grate, falling backwards. Jace was there in front of me as I whipped out a stake from my pocket. I didn't have time to get up. Something different happened. Jace extended his hand out to me.

"Well aren't you going to take my invitation to helping you up?" Jace asked. I was confused. Didn't he want to kill me the other night? Was he just messing with me?

I cautiously took his hand and as he pulled me up he pulled me so fast and into a kiss. I slapped him and backed away from him. What is this?

"I have wanted to do that ever since the moment I saw you. I know there could never be a chance for us." Jace said.

"No you wanted to kill me the other night, remember? Stay away from me or I will kill you." I threatened.

"I have seen you before but I didn't want to give it away while I was with my crew. Anyway I could never be him. Take a warning from me. Dimitri is very powerful. Don't give into his games. This was just a test." Jace replied and with that he took off into the night.

"Alex! Are you ok?" Nate's voice rang out from the alley.

"Yeah. I'm fine. We should find the others." I replied as Nate approached me.

"Did something happen while I fought those vampires back there?" Nate asked knowing he would find out sooner or later. I am not very good at keeping secrets.

"Nate, I really have this bad feeling. We should find the others." I said as we both took off down the street.