Time to Dance

Something Wicked This Way Comes

"Alex...Alex...." I heard a voice say.

"Gran?" I replied. I couldn't see anything nor knew where I was. All I could do was to keep walking in the dark.

"Follow my voice." Gran said.

I saw a light and walked into it suddenly being in a large, mansion. The decor of the house was decked out in furniture from at least the 1700's. There was modern furniture too but everything was in perfect condition. I was standing in what looked like a huge foyer that had many rooms leading into it and a large staircase that led upstairs.

"Gran, am I dead?" I asked.

"Not dead sweetheart. This is your dream." Gran appeared beside me.

"If I'm not dead then why does this not feel like a dream? When I dream, at least I know I am dreaming. Where's Nate?" I asked looking around behind me. "He usually sees my dreams too."

"Nate can't see this one. Only you can. You need to see somethings. You need to be prepared." Gran replied taking my hand.

"Be prepared for what? What is this place? I think I have been here before but everything looks different." I added.

"You have in your dreams. But this is the real place. You have been shown only what Dimitri wants you to see in your dreams." Gran replied leading me into a large dining room and into a study. Then I was led into a ballroom area.

"Gran. This can't be. This looks exactly like the ballroom mom and dad fought...How? That place was burned to the ground before I was born."

"It was rebuilt by Dimitri. You always wonder why you are afraid of the woods. Dimitri tries to control your mind. You have a psychic link with him but that is all, Alexandra. Don't let him control your heart too. That is the only bond you share with him and you let him win in controlling you. If he exacts his revenge, you know what will happen. Your heart holds the key to victory." Gran replied for disappearing.

"Gran?" I yelled hearing nothing but an echo in the empty mansion. The room was now just an empty shell of a room. No furniture or anything except the lights coming from the chandeliers. This was all confusing but I think I was starting to understand some things until I was thrown for a loop.

"You can't have her." I turned around to suddenly see Nate laying on the floor clutching his right side. He was badly beaten up.

"Nate!" I said running over to him but my hands went right through him. He couldn't see or hear me.

"Oh, I will have Alexandra. There isn't anything you can do about it. You will be the one to help me bring her to my side actually." Dimtiri spoke and I watched as he grinned but it looked as if he was staring directly at me when he said it.

"I would rather die than let that happen!" Nate tried to get up but there were guards pushing him and holding him back down. They forced him to sit on his knees and tied his hands behind his back. I wanted to touch his face that was so severly bruised and beaten up but I couldn't.

"Keeping you and torturing you is also going to make your parents pay for what they did to my brothers as well. I want them to feel pain as they watch their kids suffer for their crimes." Dimitri snickered.

"I just need to take care of your bratty sister too. Maybe I might spare her and convert her to my side as well. All I have to do is find a way to get through Will. He only thinks he can protect your sister and Alex. I mean I already have got Pete messed up with his wife in a coma who I am sure would die once she learns her daughter has become my bride to him failing. He can't even fight me off." Dimitri and his men laughed as Nate tried to break free.

"Alexandra is a lot stronger than you think. I would kill you myself..." I jumped as Nate was hit in the jaw by Dimitri as he tried to speak and started to spit blood.

"Take him away. You're boring me Nate." Dimitri replied touching Nate's chin as he was pulled up onto his feet.

"No! I hate you!" I said lunging at Dimitri but I fell right through him and landed on the floor. When I got up I was in another room. It was dark except for a candle in the room.

I adjusted my eyes to see that I think I was in some sort of basement that looked like a cellar. Nate was chained up against the wall like an animal. I walked over to him.

"How did you get like this?" I asked out loud knowing he couldn't hear me. I bent down in front of Nate and went to touch his left cheek. I knew I couldn't feel him but this time I could.

His skin was almost ice cold which meant he had been a prisoner here for awhile. He needed blood or he was going to die. I looked at all his wounds. They weren't healing. Some looked like scars from previous fights that I know should have healed.

"No." I said backing away and finally understanding one thing.