Time to Dance

Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie

(Nate's POV)

"Dad?" I asked as the apartment door opened.

"Sorry to barge...Nathaniel Urie!" My father stopped himself and dropped his bags of supplies as he saw the mess of clothes strung out on the floor and I finished zipping up my pants. I was glad that at least my father was alone. He appeared to be.

"Dad..." I got out.

"Nathaniel Urie, when I said bring Alexandra here, I didn't mean to sleep with her! Do you realize whose daughter that is?" My dad acted hysterical. "How am I going to explain this one?" He said placing his hand upon his forehead and rubbing it though his hair.

"You wouldn't!" Alex pleaded through the bathroom door.

"Well, I, yeah, Nate. What's wrong with you?" Dad smacked me upside the head.

"Dad, I can explain. It totally doesn't look like..." I tried to lie.

"It doesn't look what I think it does? Nice son. Try again." He said pacing. "Be glad your mother isn't here."

"You aren't going to tell her are you?" I panicked.

"Me? Hell no. But you might have to. Did you use protection at least?" Dad asked me as I heard Alex giggle through the bathroom door.

"Dad, vampires don't need it remember?" I said groaning.

"Oh, right, right. You know this does remind me of a time when..." Dad started to lighten up.

"Dad please. I don't want to hear about when you and mom hooked up. Don't need that mental image, thanks." I replied.

"Sorry son. Look, just be careful. This is Pete's daughter we are talking about." Dad eased.

"I know. Look, I love Alexandra. It just sort of happened." I said not wanting to get into the logistics of what happened.

"I didn't mean to show up banging on the door either I guess. I should have called but after last night's fight I was just worried. Tonight is your graduation. I brought some bags of the clothes you will need for tonight and your cap and gowns. Kayla helped pick out Alex's stuff." Dad sighed.

"Tell Kayla that she is a lifesaver." I heard Alex yell through the bathroom.

"Everyone is safe?" I asked.

"Well, Nonnie was bitten by a vampire but Dean managed to kill that vampire before anymore harm could come to her but..." Dad paused.

"But what?" I pressed knowing Alex could hear through the door.

"In the process of rescuing her, Nonnie was sick through the night because Dean scratched her so now she is under his control but thankfully not a werewolf." Dad sighed.

"You have to be bitten for that." I reminded him.

"Well all this werewolf stuff is new to me, ok? Back then it was nothing but vampires we had to worry about." Dad shook his head.

"Thanks for stopping by but next time can you call first?" I pleaded to dad. He just nodded.

"Your mom and I will pick you two up at six. Ceremony starts at seven." Dad replied as he walked to the apartment door.

"Um, one problem. I can't been seen in daylight. I mean I know by the time graduation is almost over, yeah sure its in the dark but seven? It's still daylight out." I said.

"Don't worry son. Ever heard of blankets? They work wonders and Will is going to use his persuasion so no one asks questions when you guys line up outside the gym. When you go into the building you won't need the blankets covering you and everyone will think nothing of it." Dad answered me.

"I really hadn't thought about it." I shrugged my shoulders.

"See you at six. Oh and there is some food I brought for Alex." Dad whispered.

"See you later, Alexandra." He yelled. Alex just stuck her hand out the door and waved.

"I really like her Nate. Don't screw this one up." Dad replied as I closed the door behind him.

"What's so funny?" I asked as Alexandra came out of the bathroom clinging to the sheet she had around her.

"Someone is busted." She laughed.

"I think that goes for you too." I smiled.

"Daddy's going to kill you, not me." She teased.

"Not funny Alex." I rolled my eyes.

"You do realize that we still have a few hours to shower off and get ready for tonight, right?" She grinned.

"Why, Alexandra Wentz are you implying what I think your implying?" I responded.

"Maybe." She smiled.

"Then you're on!" I said picking her up bridal style.