Time to Dance

Diploma Time

"Nonnie you made it." I said hugging her as we were all lined up outside, ready to take our seats inside.

"Yeah, take it easy though. I still feel sick but I couldn't miss graduation." She half smiled.

"How is your arm?" I asked.

"It doesn't burn anymore but it tingles. I still feel nauseated and I think I am running a slight fever. Dean says I will get over it and oh yeah there is hearing him talking to me now in my head. Let me just say its kinda weird." Nonnie sighed.

"Have you learned to block him? Maybe I can teach you." I laughed.

"I forgot you have two people in your head at times." Nonnie smiled.

"Ugh, it can get so annoying. Especially when Dean and Nate fight in my thoughts." I laughed. "Blocking them came natural. All you have to do is just concentrate hard enough on not listening to him and focus more on your own thoughts."

"He is asking me if I am feeling ok and wishes he could sit by me." Nonnie replied.

"Dean, play nice. She is still getting used to the idea of everything that is going on with her now. I am sure she wishes she could be by you too." I said in my thoughts.

"I don't think he will be messing with your thoughts any time soon." I smiled.

"Thanks." Nonnie laughed.

"Are you ready for this?" Nate asked me in my thoughts since I couldn't see his face until we stepped inside the gym.

"Absolutely. You?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Ok seniors you know how this works. You know where to sit. Let's make this graduation a successful one." The principal said at the front of the line.

"I think someone is going to miss us." Kayla whispered laughing.

We all walked into the gym after waiting twenty minutes outside checking in and lining up. I helped Nate quickly take off his blanket that covered him. I had to laugh as he tried to fix his hair as we were walking to our seats.

"Here and its not going to matter anyway with having to wear the cap on your head." I said throwing him the blanket laughing as we were seated.

The ceremony went off rather well. After an hour of all the school officials talking it finally came to us getting our diplomas. Maybe I was worrying for nothing.

"Lyra Hurley..." Our principal replied. "Dean Trohman..." "Kayla Urie..."

It was so close. Nate was next and then me.

"Nathaniel Urie..." The principal said as Nate walked up to shake hands and grab his diploma. Nate grinned at me.

"Alexandra Wentz." My name was called. All my family and friends were cheering at me. I stepped up and grabbed my diploma smiling at the crowd. I did it. I graduated high school.

After the last name was called, our class president had everyone stand up. She gave a short speech and then everyone tossed their caps up in the air. Nate grabbed me and hugged me and thats when I doubled over in immediate pain.