Time to Dance

It's Time To Fight Back

"Anyone willing to fight take these!" I said tossing out stakes to several of my classmates who looked terrified.

"Are those...vampires?" One guy asked.

"No, they're cute bunnies. What do you think they are?" Josh replied. "Take the stake if you want to live."

"Everyone, follow me!" I said to the people gathered around me. Josh and I were fighting off one group of vampires that we had ran into. There were at least fifteen surrounding the eight of us. "Stake the heart!" I yelled.

Several of the guys in my group were trying to protect themselves and the girls around them. Josh and I ended up killing seven of the vampires with the guys killing five. We led our group to an emergency exit that Erelin and Brendon were guarding and protecting. The other three vampires had fled elsewhere in the building.

"How many vamps are there now?" Josh asked me as we were about charge back into the fight.

"There are around forty vampires left." I replied.

"I'm gonna go find my brother." Josh said as I saw that Nonnie, Sam, and her daughter Olivia were in need of help as they were surrounded. I also noticed alot of my fellow classmates deciding to help us out and fight back too instead of causing more panic.

I took a running start dodging vampire attacks and killing them along the way. Nonnie and Sam were trying to get some of the adults out of the place. "Need some help?" I smiled.

"No, I think we're good." Nonnie rolled her eyes. "Of course we need help."

"Follow my lead." I said to everyone. There was a group of about twenty adults with their kids with them. Nonnie, Sam, Olivia and I were circled around them to protect them. "I'm going to get you to safety." I replied as we moved our way across the gym. There was so much chaos and confusion that it was hard for me to find my family of friends.

As we made our way to safety, I could tell that everyone was doing their part. More and more people were getting out to safety and the vampire population was dwindling. I still felt like this war wasn't over, no matter how much we kept fighting.

"Have you seen Dean?" Nonnie asked worried once we got our group to Erelin and Brendon.

"No. Have you seen Kayla or Will?" I nervously scanned the room.

"I did for a second but not too long." She replied.

"Stay here with Erelin and Brendon." I said. Nonnie pretended not to hear me but nodded her head.

"Some graduation for us to remember, huh?" Bailey Stump replied as he brought more people to safety.

"I'm just hoping there isn't going to be a death count but I know with vampires there will be." I sighed.

I felt literally sick. It was like my spidey senses as Spiderman calls them were going off at an alarming rate. Way too many feelings and less time for me to process them. Did mom ever have all these going off at one time?

"Dad?" I managed to scan the gym but saw him nowhere through the chaos as I fought off more vampires. Just as I had felt the numbers dwindling down to the teens, more vampires flooded into the building. This time it wasn't a mixture. This time it was the Dandies and having a flood of them meant only one thing. We were in serious trouble now.