Time to Dance

Feelings That Come And Go

I ran outside and into the cool night air. There were some woods behind the gym. I ran into Josh who apparently had been filled in by Will what needed to happen to everyone's minds and was stopped for a minute.

"Alex, where is my brother? I searched the gym." Josh said frantically.

"He's in these woods." I said. It was dark and all we had was the moonlight shining in from the trees. Then we heard Nonnie scream. I suddenly knew where Dean was as I tracked him and then the feeling was gone.

"Josh, I suggest you call 911 or get some paramedics out here!" I yelled heading towards the direction I last felt Dean. Josh was behind me on his cell phone.

The scene was gruesome. Two bodies were laying on the ground. One was Dean and one was Jake. "No!" Josh screamed. "Is he..."

I knelt down beside a naked Dean. He obviously had morphed into the wolf to fight Jake and then turned back into human form with no clothes from shredding them due to the fight. I checked his vital signs via a pulse. There was one but it was weak. Across from where I was, a shocked and scared Nonnie was sitting on the ground.

"Josh, your jacket!" I yelled as he quickly took it off and tossed it to me. I put it over Dean. He was freezing and burning up at the same time. It was hard to explain as I saw him unconciously shake from the cold yet his skin felt hot to the touch. Dean didn't look good at all. He was all bloody and bruised up. Cuts, and deep wounds were all over his chest, neck, and arms.

"Is he going to make it, Alex? Tell me my brother is going to live." Josh looked at me for answers. I had none to give him.

I looked over at Jake behind me. I felt for a pulse. There wasn't one. He was dead. A silver stake was wedged in his chest where the heart rested.

"I wish I could tell you Josh but I can't. I can't feel Dean anymore." I replied as I heard more sirens approach the school. There were so many victims and so many people needing to be checked out at the hospital.

"I can explain it." Nonnie said coming out of her shock a tiny bit. "Jake was fighting with Dean out front. You told me to stay. I didn't listen. This is my fault. Jake got to me and Dean saved me but he was hurt pretty bad in doing so."

"I can't lose my brother." Josh said. "Screw this shit." Josh replied quickly carrying off Dean in his arms and heading back towards the gym.

"Josh, no!" I yelled but he was too fast for me. Dean could have several major injuries internally and should not have been moved like that.

"I can't feel Dean anymore either." Nonnie said getting up and glaring briefly at Jake.

"Its because Dean is no longer a werewolf and he is going to have a long fight on his hands to survive his injuries." I answered.

"I don't understand." Nonnie shook her head.

"Dean killed the last of the original werewolf bloodline. Any victims Jake made as in like Dean, become human again." I said as Nonnie and I walked in silence as fast as we could back to the gym.

I watched as people scrambled by and paramedics did their jobs. Andy and anyone else in my party were hauled off to the hospital. I couldn't save everyone. I am a slayer and I have failed in my job. Brendon, Nate, and my sister have been kidnapped by a murderous, lunatic vampire and I let it happen. I couldn't stop Dimitri no matter how much I fought him. He will always win and my father has disappeared again as well.

"Alex. What are we going to do now?" Will asked me as he watched Nonnie get into the ambulance with Dean.

"Alex?" Will asked shaking me. I just blinked at him staring off some place.

"M'am are you hurt?" A paramedic asked cutting in.

"I think she needs to be looked at too." Will replied. The next thing I knew I collapsed and blacked out.