Time to Dance

When The Dreams Fade And Reality Sets In

(Amanda's POV)

Voices and dreams. Sometimes reality confused the two. I know I heard someone say that they don't know why I hadn't woken up from my coma I apparently was in. I moved my fingers on my right hand. How long had I been out? I tried to pry my eyes open.

I opened them to see I was in a hospital bed. Then memories started to creep through and I remembered how I got here. My subconcious and concious were begining to merge the truth to me. I had been dormant long enough. My family needed me and now I was back; for how long I didn't know.

Pete needed me. He was somehow reaching out to me and for some reason I am the only one who can save him. Once again our connection is as strong as ever. Dimitri, no, its not him who has Pete. Someone different.

I sat up in bed. Every bone and muscle in me hurt but only for a fraction of a second. I had been lying dormant for a month maybe so I was a little rusty. I planted my feet on the hospital floor and pushed myself off the bed. I was a little wobbly at first but managed to catch myself.

These have to go I thought as I was hooked up to a few IV's and whatnot. I ripped off every monitor and IV I was attached to which hurt but it would heal. I would heal. I am still a slayer. I might not be as young as I used to be but I can still deal a nasty blow to a vampire, especially when my friends and families' lives depend on it.

I crawled into the closet in my room for I knew doctors and nurses would be running into my room as soon as the monitors went off and I didn't want them to see me. I want them to think I escaped and walked out of the room. I managed to look down at what I was wearing too; the infamous hospital gown. I couldn't escape the hospital dressed like this.

I heard them all pile in confused and wondering in amazement how someone who had been in a coma for so long could rip out all their IV's and just leave the hospital. Once the hype calmed down I looked out of my room and made a mad dash out of there.

I found a nurses' lounge that thankfully was empty. I broke one of the locks from a nurse's locker and grabbed her clean set of scrubs and shoes. Sure she would miss them but I needed them to get out of here. I fixed her locker and made the lock look as if it wasn't broken. I began to hear voices outside of the room and took the items I needed and changed in the bathroom of the lounge, locking the bathroom door so no one could barge in.

I threw away the gown in the trashcan and tried to clean up the best I could. My hair was such a mess but I could fix that later. I just needed a quick temporary fix and pulled it back into a ponytail as I saw a flip was laying on the sink.

I smiled at the nurses who were now in the lounge as I left the bathroom, making them assume I was a nurse or tech like them as I made my way out of the lounge. Then I took off down the hall and caught the nearest elevator. On my way down, I had this motherly instinct come over me that something was wrong. I knew Pete was my focus this time but something drew me towards the emergency room.

I snuck my way around to see all my friends and family gathered around crying. I listened in to hear that Dean was in critical condition as I made sure no one saw me. I may have known some things in a coma but I didn't know everything that was happening in the outside world. I saw Will and my heart sank as I felt he was now a vampire. I didn't want any of this from my children. I heard Alexandra's name and realized she was in a room somewhere in the ER. My heart sank. It is a mother's worst nightmare to hear that your child is in the hospital.

I managed to sneak my way into the ER undected and hid as I saw Sam leave Alexandra's room. I made sure the coast was clear and bolted into her room. Other than some slight cuts and bruises that were healing up nicely she appeared to be fine.

"Alex, wake up, honey. It's mom." I whispered touching her forehead and holding her hand. She didn't answer and she didn't wake up. I felt Will start to come down the hall.

"It will be alright, sweetheart. Mommy is back and she is going to fix things but I have to leave now. I love you." I whispered in her ear hoping she would have heard me. Then I snuck out of her room and made my exit out of the hospital.