Time to Dance

Her Heart Is Racing

(Amanda's POV)
I took a cab to a subdivision outside of L.A. I flirted with the cab driver enough that he let me have a free ride considering I had no money on me. I didn't have any weapons and I wasn't really sure what to expect but I didn't think that Pete's captor was a vampire. Something told me his captor was human.

I started walking a few blocks down the street to notice that the neighborhood I was in started to get a little rough looking. There were nice homes up to a point and then there were boarded up houses with for sale signs all over the place. Two things led me to the house that Pete was being held in; one being my heart, and the second being that this house looked vacant and falling apart, yet there wasn't a for sale sign out in the yard. Bingo.

I had stopped behind some bushes at the end of the driveway as I heard a few voices from the porch. I needed to find another way in. Barging in from the front door wasn't exactly a good idea for it could alert whoever it was in the house that a visitor was here. I glanced through the bushes to see a window on the second floor of the house. If I can sneak over to the next house, maybe I could climb to the roof and hop over and enter through the window.

My plan worked to a point. The window was closed and I now had to risk being heard in order to break into the house. I quickly smashed the window and waited for a few minutes before I hopped inside the house. I wanted to make sure I wasn't alerted to whoever was holding Pete.

The room I was in was dark and empty. I think I landed on a bed but as I felt around and let my eyes adjust to the darkness and the lights from the street shine in, the bed was bare. Sneaking in like this reminded me of the old days. A smile curled on my lips. As much as I felt fear and wanting to protect my family all these years its funny how I miss this all of a sudded. It must be the adrenaline rush.

I found my way to the door and opened it slowly. I stuck my head out to see that the upstairs looked clear of anyone, yet I knew to be on guard. I wasn't fighting vampires here so my senses weren't going off minus knowing Pete was in the house.

"Hey!" I heard behind me as I had almost made it to the stairs. I turned briefly to see who it was and took off, running down the stairs to the first floor where I was quickly greeted by the two guys I had heard talking outside.

"Just three of you? Please." I said.

"You picked the wrong house to break into." One goon replied.

"I don't want to hurt you. I came here for the vampire in the basement I know you have captive." I replied.

"How does she know about that?" One guy replied who looked to be in his twenties.

"I don't know but the boss isn't going to like that." Another answered. There is a boss. Hmm. I might stick around to meet this boss once I handle these goons.

"Look, we don't want any trouble." One guy said as a fourth dude came out of nowhere trying to attack me.

There was some banter and fighting. I knew I couldn't necessarily hurt these guys. I mean they weren't really bad and I couldn't kill them cause they weren't vampires. I had to think of a way to wear them out or something and then it hit me. I remembered reading about ways to knock someone out by touching a pressure point or something but not to where it would seriously hurt them or kill them. That was what I would do.

Soon, all four guys were passed out. I didn't know how much time I had until their boss returned from wherever. I carried and dragged each of their bodies into a bedroom and fixed the door to where if they happened to wake up, only a person on the opposite side which would be where I am standing, could let them out. I then proceeded to the basement. My heart was racing and filled with anticipation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going out of town this week but I should be back the Wed before Halloween. I hope to have internet where I am staying but I wont know until I get there. If I have it then I will update from there.