Time to Dance

No Turning Back Now

"Alexandra, are you sure we should be going alone?" Will asked me as he pulled into the driveway of our training house that used to be my parents' first home together.

"Are you chickening out on me?" I asked. "Our sister's life is at stake here and I am not going to let some homicidial lunatic vampire that is out for revenge take it out on her." I said slamming the door to the car. "Keys." I yelled as Will fumbled them out of his pocket.

"I'm not chickening out. I just think this is a suicide mission. I can't lose you too, Alex." Will said. "That lunatic won't stop until all of us are dead and for whatever reason, he thinks you are a key to destroying humanity. Why do you think he took Brendon, Lizzie, and Nate? Maybe our father too. It is a trap to lure you to him." Will said grabbing me and making me face him.

"I can do this Will. You trust me right? I'm not hiding from Dimitri and he knows he can't control me anymore. I know you love me and are just looking out for me but stop acting like mom. She was so protective and look what happened to her." I said as I opened the door to the house.

"You just don't get it do you Alex? Mom knew this was going to happen. She tried to keep us safe even though it caused her to lose it and put a strain on us all."

"I know all this, Will." I fired back.

"You are just so stubborn." Will fired back.

"Maybe I get it from both mom and dad." I snapped.

"So you never did tell me where Dimitri is holding Lizzie captive." Will said tossing me mom's old crossbow. I liked the crossbow. I guess I inherited that too.

"They are in an abandoned warehouse near the docks. At least Nate is there. I don't think Dimitri would be smart enough to separate them. Thanks." I smiled at Will who stopped fighting me and started to fight alongside of me.

"Will, whatever happens to me, promise me that you will get everyone else out. Don't come back. Just run and get Lizzie far away as possible." I hugged Will as we left the house.

"I promise but you are coming back too." Will replied right before we hopped in the car and took off towards the docks.

We made it to the docks after about twenty minutes. For once there wasn't any traffic backed up on the freeway. Usually, it didn't matter what time of day or night it was, traffic was a bitch from all the travelers and locals who passed through L.A.

We parked at the docks and got out of the car. I stumbled getting out of the car a bit. It was Nate. He was getting hit pretty hard.

"You ok?" Will asked.

"Yeah." I replied taking the crossbow and wrapping it around my shoulder. I put some stakes in my pants pocket.

"You shouldn't have come. I'm....I'm fine. Lizzie is safe with me. It's a trap." Nate finally spoke in my thoughts.

"Trap or no trap I am not backing down." I replied.

"C'mon. There is no turning back now." I signaled Will to follow me.