Time to Dance

Trap

(Nate's POV)

I awoke chained to a wall I couldn't break free from. My eyesight was blurry and took a minute to see what my surroundings were. I was in a room that looked to be an empty storage room. I only had a few candles in the room to help me see.

I hurt all over from the wounds I had freshly recieved. I wasn't healing fast enough and if I didn't have fresh blood soon I could die. Giving Alex some of my life force was tricky, considering I had to have blood to regenerate my wounds so that Alex wouldn't learn what I was doing. My sense of smell kicked in and I realized a human was with me.

"Nate, you are awake." I heard Lizzie reply.

"Don't get too close." I said as I couldn't control my fangs that had slid out.

"I'm not afraid of you. I am more afraid of them and what they want." Lizzie replied.

"You should be afraid of me right now. I'm thirsty and I can only fight off this urge for so long." I said.

"Are the others ok?" Lizzie asked studying my restraints.

"I don't know. Alex is a little out of it at the moment. What are you doing?" I asked.

"I am getting you out of here." Lizzie said taking a bobby pin from her hair and trying to pick the locks from my hands and feet.

"Lizzie, don't." I said but it was too late. I heard the locks unsnap and Lizzie had released me from my bonds.

I began to get dizzy and looked down at Lizzie to see her vulnerable neck that was exposed. My injuries needed to be healed soon. I grabbed Lizzie by her throat. I couldn't stop the vampire in me no matter how much I tried.

"Nate, don't. Think about Alexandra and how she would feel if you killed me. Think about your family and your dad especially." Lizzie pleaded as she was trying to pry my hands off her throat.

"I'm...I'm sorry." I said letting go and setting her down. "I..."

"It's ok. Nate if you need blood I will give you some. All you had to do was ask." Lizzie replied through coughing.

"No, I don't want your blood, no offense. I can fight it. I can do this." I said.

"But you are still hurt. Nate, why aren't you speed healing?" She asked.

"Don't worry about that. You mentioned my father. Why isn't he here with us?" I asked.

"I dunno. All I know is that I was loaded up in a van with your dad and then blindfolded. When I got out of the van, they brought me here to this room and you were already chained up. I had screamed your name but you didn't wake up. I don't know where your dad was taken." Lizzie started to worry.

"Its ok." I said wincing a bit in pain but I managed to pull Lizzie into a hug. "I'm going to get us out of here. Stand back." I said. I was going to use any energy I had left to break the door down and I did. "Stay close to me." I replied.

"Hang on a minute." Lizzie said as she broke the chair she had been sitting in earlier I assume into pieces.

"Here." She said taking a makeshift stake for herself and then handing me one.

I could tell that we were in a warehouse but I didn't know how to get out. There were walls set up to make it seem like we were in a funhouse of sorts. The hallways had doors that led to nowhere and some had paths. I found a clearing in a large open air room with a huge door on it that had to be the way out of this place. It was way too quiet and easy for me to get here. Something was up and I was right.

Lizzie and I were ambushed. All both of us could do was fight for our lives. Dimitri had planned this and probably had been spying on us.

"Nate, are you ok? Nate, where are you?" I heard Alex finally in my head. I didn't have time to talk to her right now.

I managed to take down some vamps and I was surprised at how well Lizzie was fighting for an amateur. She would make a good slayer one day but I hope that never happens. I was upset how Dimitri hides until he wants something and in this case he wants us to be broken down.

"Where is my father?" I growled at one of the vampires I was fighting.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The vampire snickered.

"Seriously, I don't have time for your games." I said knocking him into some barrels. "I am going to ask you again but this time I won't be so nice about it." I said pissed off.

"Your dad is toast, man. He was an excellent lunch." The vampire laughed as I picked him up and threw him on the ground staking him before he had any time to react.

"No!" I screamed finding an adrenaline I didn't know I had left in me.

"Well, well, well. The boyfriend and the sister think that they can escape." I heard Dimitri roar with laughter as he entered the room. Lizzie and I were still outnumbered.

One vampire managed to get the slip on Lizzie and pinned her arms back behind her. "Ow! Let me go!"

"Don't touch her!" I yelled taking a leaping jump to where she was.

"Down, boy." Dimitri said as he whipped out a cane of some sorts and knocked me to the ground before I could get to Lizzie. "Any minute now your slayer of a girlfriend is going to come blazing in here to save you. We all know that she can't live without her sister and of course you, Nate. Oh, yes, I have big plans for us all." Dimitri snickered.

"No. This is a trap and knowing Alex, she is going to not think straight and come here trying to save us alone." I thought. Sure enough I was right because I felt Alex. I tried hard not to show my emotions so that Dimitri would know she was here but already could sense Alex.

"You shouldn't have come. I'm....I'm fine. Lizzie is safe with me. It's a trap." I finally spoke in my thoughts directed towards Alex.

"Trap or no trap I am not backing down." She stubbornly replied. Next thing I knew after some banter from Dimitri, in barged in Alexandra with only her brother, Will, by her side. This wasn't good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Halloween everyone. Hope everyone gets some treats or parties safe tonight. :)