Time to Dance

These Last Moments Together

(Nate's POV)

I drowned out everything all around me just so I could hold Alexandra in my arms. I fougnt my way to get to her and it was too late. I shouldn't have drank from her. I should have fought harder and given up. It would have been painful for her but easier on me.

Now, I was holding a barely concious and breathing Alex in my arms fighting to stay alive with what strength she had left. This wasn't happening. No, this was my fault. I am the one who is killing her. I can feel her life force slipping away from me.

Alex's blood was all over me now. Her neck wound was deep and with what little blood she had left wouldn't stop pouring out. With one arm wrapped around her neck, I tried to apply pressure to the wound with my hand but it was no use. Her wrist where I bit her wasn't healing any faster either.

"I'm so sorry, Alexandra. This is all my fault. This isn't happening." I said.

"Stop blaming...yourself." Alex gasped for air in between coughing up some blood.

I held her up in my arms to try and stop her from gurgling and drowning in her own blood. Alex's eyes started to roll backwards. I panicked.

"Alex!" I cried out. Her eyes returned to normal.

"I'm not...dead...yet." She breathed. "You have to leave me. Find a way out of here and warn the others."

"No. If you die, I want to die too." I replied.

"Don't say that. Dimitri will hunt our families down. I need you to prepare them plus your dad is..." She said in my thoughts before closing her eyes.

"Alex, open your eyes and look at me." I demanded.

"Sorry, I'm just remembering everything...about you from our night together and your facial features so I can take them with me. I love..." Alex didn't get to finish. She went unconcious on me.

I laid Alex down and got up with my fists clenched. "You did this!" I said about to attack Dimitri but I was stopped.

I was attacked from behind with a needle stuck in my neck. I turned around grabbing my neck to see that blonde haired girl who distracted Alex, holding the shot she injected me with, smiling. All I could say was, "Why?" Before collapsing on the floor next to Alex.