Time to Dance

A Matter Of Time Before We Are All Found Out

(Amanda's POV)

The door was metal and had a padlock on it. I laughed a bit when I saw this. This is their security, please. Picking locks was a forte of mine. Sneaking in, breaking in, yeah I have done them all. This was an insult to me. Apparently whoever was holding my husband wasn't very smart.

I picked the lock and opened the door. The room was dark and smelled musky. The house was pretty old I was in. There was a small window I noticed with light shining in from a neighbor's house once my eyes adjusted. There was a light hanging from the ceiling because as I walked to where Pete was, I ran into the cord that hanged down. I pulled it, letting the light shine in the room.

The basement was unfurnished for how old this house was. I was standing on a rocky floor. The walls had cracks in them. Pete was tied up in a chair and was banged up pretty bad. He needed blood and there was no telling how long he had been here. I didn't know that. I had missed alot of things I suppose since I have been away. All of that didn't matter now. Saving Pete was what mattered. The details of my missing life can be explained later.

I kneeled down to Pete's level. He didn't know I was here. His face was badly bruised and cut and he was out of it. Pete's hands I observed were tied behind his back and he had wrist burns from the rope tied tightly around them. His feet were tied and his right leg had a hole in his jeans with blood around it. I touched it to notice a stab wound. There were several on his chest from his ripped shirt. I touched a few and Pete winced.

I touched Pete's face lightly. I traced around the bruise on his left eye and his lips that were cracked, and filled with dry blood from being hit in the mouth. "Oh, Pete, who did this to you?" I whispered softly. I kissed Pete's lips softly and he came to but appeared to be in a daze.

"You aren't real. You are just my imagination playing tricks on me again." Pete replied.

"I am here Pete. Who did this to you?" I asked.

"I...I won't talk. You are just an illusion. He is messing with my mind to get me to talk." Pete said.

"Would an illusion do this?" I asked kissing Pete's lips hard, knowing he would feel the pain from his wounds but hopefully bring him back to his senses. He was dazed from his blood loss.

"Ow." He managed to say and finally looked at me.

"Amanda? How? If this isn't a dream..." Pete said.

"Shh." I kissed him again. "I don't know how long I am back for or if I am back for good. All I know is that I got your message loud and clear that you needed me. You brought me back." I said untying his feet and hands. "Can you walk?" I asked helping him up but he stumbled onto me.

"I can't move my right leg well. My whole body hurts like no other. I can't function right now." Pete said as I moved him over to a wall to lean on.

"Drink." I said offereing my neck.

"What? No!" He said refusing.

"Pete, it's the only way. Your wounds will heal and you will be strong again. I have slayer blood remember? You will heal 10 times faster than your normal rate or did you forget that too?" I asked.

"I just got you back. I can't risk losing you again."

"Just do it Pete. I don't know when your friend is going to come back for you. We need to get out of here." I replied. "Trust, remember?"

"I hate it when you are right." He half smirked. "I love you." He said as he touched my neck.

I closed my eyes and felt him lean into me. His fangs slipped out and he grazed my neck, kissing me before he took the bite. I saw everything. Pete showed me how he was turned and what has happened to our family. One name stood in my mind; the face I remembered from my nightmares over the years. Dimitri, the younger brother of Dracula and Volkmar was finally here for revenge. If it killed me, I was going to stop him from getting to my daughter and family.

"Pete." I mumbled and he pulled away, wiping his lips.

"Sorry. Are you ok?" He asked sweetly.

"Better than ever." I said as I watched Pete's wounds disappear in front of me. "Let's get out of here." I replied taking his hand.

"Wait, someone is coming. Human." He growled.

"So your friend is back." I smiled as Pete rolled his eyes. "Sit back in the chair and act like your hands are tied." I said as Pete did what I said but looked at me funny.

"I hope you have a good explanation for this." Pete replied in my thoughts.

"Oh believe me I do." I said turning off the light and hiding behind the basement door.