Time to Dance

The Joke's On You

(Amanda's POV)

"What the hell?" A male's voice replied almost at the basement door. "Wentz if you are in there..." He said flashing a flashlight at Pete's direction. "Move just a little closer to the edge of the door." I thought.

"Who are you and what do you want with my husband?" I said grabbing the male from behind pinning his hands behind his back with one hand and the other draped around his neck. He dropped his flashlight that could have been used as a makeshift weapon.

"What? Amanda?" The voice replied as he stopped fighting me.

"Micah?" I replied finally recognizing his voice. Pete turned on the light and I let Micah go.

"Your alive?" Micah replied. "You took out my men?"

"I was never dead." I said rolling my eyes. "I was in a coma and what the hell do you think you are doing?" I demanded.

"What am I doing? Ha! I'm ridding the world of one less dangerous vampire over there." Micah replied.

"Dangerous huh? You don't know dangerous." Pete growled flashing his fangs and clenching his fists.

"Shut it Pete." I snapped.

"I see he has already gotten to you." Micah said touching my neck. "Just like a rabid dog."

"I'm not a dog! Thats a werewolf you idiot." Pete said lunging towards Micah and knocking him to the ground.

"Boys! Guys!" I said to no avail. Both Micah and Pete were rolling around on the ground fighting each other.

"Enough!" I said picking Pete up and flinging him to one side of the room and Micah with my other hand and throwing him against the opposite wall.

"Ow! I think you bruised my ribs." Micah said trying to get up.

"Good. Both of you just stop it. Stop fighting. You both are pissing me off." I breathed pissed off. At least I still got it.

"Micah." I said walking over to him. "Why do you have a vendetta against my husband?" I asked.

"How did you do that after being asleep for so long?" Micah asked not answering my question.

"It's called being a slayer. Now do I have to get physical with you and beat it out of you or let Pete have his way with you?" I asked picking Micah up off the ground.

"Uh, ask him. He knows what he did!' Micah fired out.

"I wouldn't mess with me right now if I were you. Has it been that long that you don't remember what happens when there is a pissed off slayer standing in front of you? You may not be a vampire anymore but I can still kick your ass." I snapped.

"Pete killed my wife and now my daughter, Sara has disappeared. She took off when she learned the truth and that her mother was dead. It's all his fault!" Micah angrily sobbed. "He should pay for what he has done."

"I didn't kill your wife. What happened to Kat was tragic. I tried to stop her but I was too late. She made her choice. There was nothing I could do." Pete replied standing behind me now.

"Liar. You let her die!" Micah screamed trying to break lose from me. I have lost everything because of you!"

"That's not true Micah and you know it. We have all been friends for years even though we have lost touch. When you contacted Pete and learned what was going on you sent Pete out there away from his own family to find your wife. He left my daughter who is now a slayer thanks to your wife, Kat. Do you think that was easy? He made Alex think he was missing or possibly dead out there. Then you show up scaring her. It was bad enough that I was put into a coma leaving her with no one to turn to." I said.

"Why, Pete? You still never fully explained." Micah said as I let go of him.

"I found Kat. Dimitri had gotten to her. In the end, Kat gave up. She thought that she could get rid of her madness and protect Sara by choosing to be with Dimitri. I tried to stop her. She wouldn't listen to me. I barely got out alive myself from one of Dimitri's hideouts. Kat chose to be bitten thinking that she would be turned into a vampire but a good one. It just turned out that Dimitri didn't want her as he made her think. Dimitri wanted her dead because he knew that out of all the bloodlines, Alexandra, my daughter was next in line to become a slayer since she was the only one who was turning eighteen. That is why Dimitri haunted Kat and made her crazy over the years was because he knew she would come to him eventually to make it stop." Pete explained.

"No. Kat might have been crazy but this is too much." Micah shook his head.

"It's true." I said with Micah looking at me with disbelief. "I'm serious, Micah. You know you can trust me. I saw it." I replied placing a hand on his shoulder.

"How did you see it if you weren't there?" Micah yelled pushing me away.

"Come on! You used to be a vampire. When I let Pete bite me, I saw everything I missed through his memories. You used to do that with Kat cause you were linked just as Pete and I are linked. He didn't want this to happen." I replied.

Micah looked at me and then at Pete. "I'm sorry." Micah replied sticking his hand out. I nodded at Pete who looked at me as if he didn't want to shake Micah's hand.

"Do it." I said in Pete's thoughts.

"You can't be serious. He freakin tried to kill me!" Pete yelled making Micah and I both jump.

"I'm sorry, man! I admit I was wrong!" Micah yelled back.

"I'm sorry Micah but I can't trust you right now. I can't do this." Pete said walking away.

"What will I do now?" Micah asked.

"Give him some time and space." I suggested. "About your daughter, Sara, what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Sara kept having nightmares for the last three years. I kept telling Sara that vampires were not real. I mean I didn't believe it until now. Who knew? Kat always seemed distant and literally went insane. It got to where she wouldn't take care of Sara anymore. I was the one raising our daughter. Whatever Dimitri did to her mind put a strain on our marriage. I loved my wife and putting her in a crazy bin for awhile was the hardest thing I did.

When Kat was released she seemed better for awhile and started to come around to her old self but then she upped and left. People started to disappear in my city and were found dead days later with mysterious bite marks that people assumed were from an animal. I knew then that Kat was right all along about there still being danger.

I called Pete to try and get in touch with you to see if you knew anything but when I reached him I learned what happened to him and to you. I trusted him to find Kat because I knew he was good at tracking and turned by Dimitri. When he called to tell me about Kat choosing to be on Dimitri's side and how he tried to stop her almost losing his life, I couldn't handle it. But after I tried to explain the truth to Sara who we never told about our life before she was born, something snapped in me when she left. I awoke one morning a few days after the news to find her room empty and a note that she was leaving to find who did this to her mom. Sara wanted her nightmares to stop and said she had dreams about her mother in her note.

I started grieving and revenge was all I started to think about, so I gathered some guys I thought I could trust that you managed to knock out easily and find Pete. I thought he might know where Sara is too. He doesn't." Micah explained.

"We will find Sara, Micah. You just have to trust both of us." I smiled.

"I can't lose her. If Dimitri finds her..." He trailed.

"He won't. Pete is a good tracker. Your friends are fine. They are sleeping but should come to after you let them out. I rendered them unconcious." I laughed.

"Good to know." Micah smiled.

I doubled over in pain. Something was wrong. "Pete..." I breathed.

"What is it? Amanda are you ok?" Micah asked worried.

"I feel it too." Pete rushed by my side.

"We have to go. Alex...is in...ah." I said taking small breaths." I said in between the pain.

"Go!" Micah said as Pete scooped me into his arms.

"I run faster." Pete said to me. "Hold on tight.

"Not my Alex, Pete." I said worried. I didn't know what exactly was wrong. It was like a mother's instinct that knew Alex was in trouble. I just didn't know what kind.

"Do you know where?" Pete asked.

"Yes." I replied.