Time to Dance

An Exception Has Been Made

(Alex's POV)

"This wasn't supposed to happen!" I heard as I snapped awake coughing for air. The voice belonged to Jace.

"Stay away...from me." I replied fighting for air and trying to move but my body was to weak to crawl.

"I didn't do this to you. Alex let me get you help. I can get you to the hospital in no time." Jace responded.

"No..." I coughed and almost fell back unconcious. I felt pain and weakness. Death was waiting for me yet as fast and quick as I thought I would go, I was still suffering.

"Alex if I don't you are going to die!" Jace pleaded. There was a part of me that wondered why he would help me. The other half was afraid of him.

"Get away from her!" Another voice rang out. It was Will.

"Will...Lizzie.."

"Lizzie is here. We had to come back. We couldn't leave you. Stay away from her you monster." Will said coming closer to me. Jace didn't move as I laid on the ground.

"Monster? I would talk fellow vampire." Jace spat.

"Alex..." Lizzie said sliding on the ground and taking my hand. "You can't die. Who will watch out for us?"

"Lizzie don't get too close. I said move away from my sister." Will growled.

"I will not." Jace replied defying him.

"Will, its alright." Lizzie said looking at Jace. "He is one of them, but his heart is changing. He is not a threat." Lizzie said looking up at Will.

"Look, you have your sister Lizzie there. I tried to get Alex to the hospital but she won't let me. She is dying if you didn't already sense it, Will. There isn't enough time to call for an ambulance. Her pulse is fading. I am surprised that she isn't dead yet with losing so much blood. I know that you don't trust me and you have a right to. I'm not like you but I can save Alex." Jace said as I started to close my eyes again.

"Oh no, you are not going to sleep. Open your eyes." Jace said only I thought I heard Nate's voice say it.

"Nate..." I trailed.

"I don't know where he is." Jace answered. I started to convulse and Jace picked me up in his arms.

"I am the only chance she has." Jace replied taking off with me super fast. I closed my eyes again because everything became a blur and I wanted to sleep. I couldn't fight anymore to stay alert. I was tired and death was waiting for me to sleep.

The next thing I heard was Jace telling me to stay with him. There were lights and blur of people all around me and a hand holding mine. "I'm not leaving you. Hold on." Jace said to me as I turned my head to the left to look at him and then I flatlined.