Time to Dance

Life or Death

I saw a light and the next thing I knew I was standing over my body in a room in the ER. Doctors and nurses both were doing everything they could to save me. I looked over to see Jace standing beside the doctors telling me to fight and Will telling me he will never forgive me if I give up.

I wandered outside my room and into the lobby of the ER to see all my family and friends gathered around with Lizzie explaining what had happened. Then, all of a sudden both my parents came running into the lobby demanding to see me. Everyone was shocked at the site of my mother up walking around. I would have been shocked to but I was both calm and conflicted about my fate. You see while everything happens so fast in the real world, time feels so slow in this void state I am in.

Part of me wanted to give up. I wanted to see Grams. I didn't want to feel pain anymore. Then the other was my family . I knew I had to stay alive and fight for them and most of all, Nate. I suddenly found myself aching for him. Nate was missing and I knew Dimitri had him but I couldn't feel Nate anymore which left the aching in my heart. I touched my neck where Dimitri tore into it only to feel the slight scar Nate had left me from his first bite.

"You need to make a choice and fast young slayer." A voice replied behind me.

"Who are you?" I asked turning around to see a man who looked to be in his early twenties.

"I'm a friend. The name is William Beckett." He replied.

"Wait, that's not possible. Your dead. You were an evil vampire and killed. How...why...what do you want with me?" I asked.

"That wasn't me. It was but wasn't. My soul was freed when the monster was killed. Vampires take over your body and memories but not your soul. I was in limbo sort of like you but different. I am surprised with all the stories you heard that Pete never mentioned how I helped him and your mother last time but all is forgiven." William answered.

"Then what are you now? Am I dead?" I asked.

"You aren't dead yet but you will be if you don't make a decision. I am a ghost but like a mediator. I am really not supposed to tell you much but I can't help it. I consider it making amends for all the damage I did. Even if I didn't do it, I still feel bad. Time is ticking." William pressed.

"I don't understand." I said being brought back to where my body lay on a table as doctors were still trying to save my life.

"Alexandra, you have to make decision. Do you want to come with me and have peace and happiness or go back to fighting? I recommend that you stay and fight. Your family is going to need you now, more than ever. Alot of confusing things are going to be tossed your way if you think you can handle them. And there is one more thing." William said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Your heart is going to be tested in more ways than one. If you lose, you will lose what is important to you and I have already said too much." William replied.

"Most important...Nate! He isn't dead is he?" I asked.

"I can't answer anymore questions. What is your fate?" William asked.

"I choose to live. I want to live. Tell me about Nate." I pleaded.

"He is alive for now. You made the right decision. Now don't forget you will be tested and tell your parents hi for me..." William's voice trailed as I felt myself being drawn back to my body.