Time to Dance

Even If It Kills Me

(Amanda's POV)

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" I yelled as I ran into the crowded lobby of the ER.

"Amanda?" Erelin replied in shock as everyone gasped at the sight of me.

"We can explain later." Pete replied.

"Mom, you're back!" Elizabeth replied as she grabbed me.

"I am back. What happened to Alexandra?" I asked her.

"Alex saved me." She replied. "And now..." Lizzie didn't get to finish; she collapsed onto the floor.

"Lizzie!" I said trying to help her but I almost fell over from the pain I was in.

"I got her." I heard Pete say.

"No!" I screamed. The feeling was unbearable at first. It was like I had lost a child. No, Alexandra couldn't have left us. No.

"Amanda, what is it?" Pete said after he tried to help Lizzie to a chair but she refused his help. "I mean I feel something, just not as strong as you." He came to my side holding me up.

I looked Pete in the eyes and said, "It's Alex. She stopped breathing." I started to cry.

"No. No!" Pete gripped me and held me tighter as I clung onto him. Everyone including myself was in shock.

"If Alex died..." Lyra replied but stopped.

"Then that means another slayer has been called." Kayla finished.

Suddenly I felt a calmness take over me. Everything was going to be ok but I wasn't sure how. I wanted to see my baby. She couldn't have left me yet, something told me otherwise. I had the urge to look over at my other baby, Lizzie.

"Babe..." I hushed Pete and nodded at him.

I got up and sat next to a scared Lizzie. Everyone looked confused and upset. Where was the doctor to tell me what was going on with Alex?

"Honey, are you ok?" I asked Lizzie. "Do you understand what happened to you?" I asked as I realized that Lizzie has now become the next slayer. She went through the slayer growing pains when Alex stopped breathing. I just don't understand how when she is only fourteen. It has always been that slayers become slayers when they are eighteen. Is Lizzie an exception to the rule?

"I'm the new slayer aren't I?" She said looking frightened. "It's my fault too. Alex is dead because of me."

"No, honey. This isn't your fault." I said. My heart was breaking.

"Honey, you did nothing wrong." Pete said stepping towards his daughter.

"Dad, please stop. I am overwhelmed right now. I mean I was having slayer tendencies before this happened but now everything is magnified." Lizzie replied as I looked up at Pete confused.

"While you were in a coma, there was some things I probably didn't show you when I bit you. Will has your super strength and its magnified as a vampire. Lizzie could sense things. We all just thought it was because you passed some traits down to them being as you are alive when you had our children. They didn't have full slayer powers like Alexandra had because when Kat died she became the chosen one with all the abilities." Pete explained to me. "I feel it now that you are the new slayer."

"Lizzie, everything is going to be ok. I promise. Alex is a fighter too and I know that she didn't die. She couldn't have." I tried to be reassuring. "You being a slayer now is a good thing." I half smiled when in reality I was a little worried.

"Amanda, the doctor just stepped out." Erelin replied as I got up and she took over trying to comfort Lizzie.

"Well?" I asked the doctor.

"Are you her mother?" The doctor replied.

"We're both the parents." Pete replied as he wrapped his arm around my waist to brace me for any bad news.

"Well, your daughter is going to live. We lost her for a bit but she came back to us after some CPR and getting shocked. Her blood had been drained severely low that I am surprised we got her heart pumping again. That is some animal bite she recieved but once we got her breathing again we started her on getting fluids and a blood transfusion. She seems to have a fighting spirit in her. Most victims don't live like that." The doctor explained.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Not yet. We are still trying to clean her up and move her to an ICU unit. Your daughter is in a coma after the severe trauma she has been through." The doctor answered.

"Pete..." I said wanting to make the doctor hush so I could run in and see my baby.

"Honey, we should wait just a bit. Let her have a room. We know she is going to be ok. She is just like her mother." Pete smiled as he held me tighter. "Besides we need to talk to everyone else and explain things not to mention find out where is everyone after the attack at the school."

"Attack at the school? Pete what happened? What did you hold out on me?" I asked. I thought he had showed me everything that I had missed but apparently I was wrong.

"Well, I didn't want to worry you too much." Pete replied.

I saw Will walk through the Emergency doors and into the lobby. "Will!" I said running to him and grabbing him.

"Mom? Mom!" He said hugging me back.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there. This should have never happened." I said looking over my son. I felt and knew he was a vampire. Then I grabbed him again.

"It's not your fault. Ok, mom, I can't breathe." He replied.

"Sorry. Hey, wait a minute, you can't breathe." I said as Will laughed.

"I am glad you are back mom." He smiled.

"So you saw your sister? How is she?" I asked.

'Not good. I mean she is back to us but I think there is going to be some sort of emotional damage. It was horrible mom. I couldn't save her. I can't help her. She saved Lizzie's life, mom. Oh, hey." He said looking over at Lizzie and realizing that she was a new slayer now.

"Don't ask right now." I said hushing him.

"I'm really worried for her. Were you like this when you went through the same thing almost?" Will asked.

"I think the important thing is for Alex to know how much her family loves her. I know exactly what she is going to go through." I said looking at Pete.

"Now that we know Alex is going to be ok, where is my husband and Nate, Will?" Erelin replied walking over to us.

"I...I don't know where Nate is. He was fighting with Alex when Alex made me leave with Lizzie and we couldn't leave Alex so we came back and thats when we saw Alex...alone. I think Dimitri did something to him. Brendon was nowhere to be found when we busted in." I said.

"We will find them." I said hugging Erelin as Will held Kayla.

"Why don't I take you home and I need to get cleaned up. I will come back before sunrise." Will said. I nodded. That would be a good thing.

"Lizzie, I want you to tell me everything that happened tonight since your father is a little fuzzy on certain details." I said not happy.

"Hey, I didn't want to worry you about what happened tonight and besides we needed to get out of where we were alive." Pete tried defending himself.

Another group of doctors came out and talked to Bev, Joe, and Josh as Lyra held Josh's hand. Another family was going through a tragedy and I wasn't here to help or know the situation. Why did I have to be out for so long? I tried to fight coming back as fast as I could.

The doctors led Bev's family away and I knew someone would fill me in on what happened. I couldn't help but blame myself in some small way for all of this. Dimitri was stripping away my family from its core. I wasn't going to sit by anymore. Even if it kills me, Dimitri is going down.