Time to Dance

Family Ties

(Will's POV)

There was silence on the car ride to Erelin's as I drove her and Kayla home. I could hear Erelin crying a bit in the backseat but she was trying to hide it. Kayla was sitting up front with me. Everything was going so wrong right now that I didn't see how I could fix things or make anything better.

"Thank you for doing this." Kayla said finally breaking the silence. "I know how hard this must be for you with your sister fighting for her life right now." She replied placing her hand on my thigh but not in a sexual way; just a comforting one as I drove.

"Kayla, I can deal. You need me more right now with losing your dad; uh I mean him being missing and your brother Nate. We will find them." I half smiled as we pulled into her driveway.

"Tell your mother I will be praying for her." Erelin said quietly as she got out of the car.

"I'm going to sit and talk to Nate a minute longer." Kayla said to her mom as we made sure she made it safe inside her house.

"Alex is my best friend. Nate is my brother. What if they can't live without each other? What if?" Kayla replied starting to cry.

"Shh. It's ok." I said holding her and about to cry myself. Rarely do I ever get upset over something but my sister didn't look good and the girl I love is conflicted too.

"Alex is a fighter. I know my sister." I said half lying; half telling the truth. To be honest I wasn't sure. Besides family, I don't know how Alex can hang on without Nate beside her. I honestly believe that they are soulmates. What happens when you are seperated from the one you love like this? Love can make you do some crazy things. I know from being with Kayla.

"Kayla, I love you. I will go out first thing tomorrow evening and try to find your dad." I said trying to make her smile a bit.

"I hate Dimitri." She replied. "I wish I could kill him myself for how he has destroyed so many lives."

"You better get inside. I know its going to be rough trying to sleep but you need your rest. If you want, I can try to help you and your mom sleep." I said.

"Maybe but you need to shower and get going before sunrise." Kayla pointed to my house.

I got out of the car and walked her to the front door. I kissed Kayla goodnight putting the thought into her head that everything would turn out ok. I watched as she walked inside shutting me out. I then walked to my car and kicked the front tires.

"Ah!" I said. "Stupid vampires!" "If I could just get my hands on Dimitri!" I yelled but not so much to wake the neighborhood.

Then it was like a spidey sense went off. I felt it. There was a vampire other than me lingering around. Then I heard it. It was a scream from Erelin and I took off charging to her backyard and hopping over the privacy fence and onto the back patio.

"Leave her alone!" Kayla screamed but the figure knocked her down. It was dark and I couldn't make out the face of the vampire.

"Hey! You want to mess with someone than mess with someone your own size!" I yelled stepping in front of Kayla.

Lights came on as Erelin had managed to flip the outside light switch on. "Don't hurt him!" She yelled as I finally got a good look at the vampire. My stomach hurt for a bit. Normally as a good vampire I could distinguish the good versus the bad but this time I was conflicted.

"Brendon?" I responded before getting hit in the jaw.

"Daddy, no!" Kayla said getting up.

"Kayla get in the house!" I demanded attacking Brendon. We managed to fall into the pool. From what I could tell his eyes were different, like he was conflicted. Maybe there was a glimmer of hope that he was good. All he needed was to be convinced and helped to remember who he is.

"Will, be careful! Don't hurt him!" Erelin yelled as I fought Brendon in the pool. Then just like that he gracefully hopped out of the pool super fast and charged after Erelin.

"Oh no you don't!" I said leaping out of the pool with my super strength. He had Erelin and was about to bite her. I grabbed a flower pot and smashed it over his head knocking him out.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I said pissed. "What part of get into the house do you not understand?" I asked. "And offering him your neck like that, are you crazy?" I scolded dripping wet from the pool.

"He's my husband. You wouldn't have understood." She replied.

"Oh believe me I understand. He was a vampire once before, etc. This is different considering I can't tell if he is good or bad right now." I replied.

"What are we going to do with him?" Kayla asked.

"There is only one thing we can do and that is not to bring him into this house." I said.

"Well then where would you like him to go?" Erelin asked a little mad.

"Pack a bag. We are taking him to the old house where Alex trained. We can tie him and figure out what to do plus there are blood packets there." I said.

"What about you?" You are dripping wet?" Kayla asked.

"I will borrow some of Nate's things." I said as Kayla cringed at her brother's name. "Look he has clothes over there from when he tried to train Alex. I don't like it no more than you do." I said touching her shoulders.

"Thank you for saving our lives." She said grabbing me. I didn't let go as I looked down at an unconcious Brendon.

"Kayla, I can't promise you that he will wake up being your dad again. If he doesn't then..." I paused.

"I know but at least he's here." She said kissing my cheek and heading to her room to grab some clothes.

"Brendon, you better be good for your wife's sake and your daughter's. I don't think they can handle another tragedy. Plus, you may hold the key to where Dimitri is hiding." I replied running my hand through my wet hair.