Time to Dance

Don't Push Your Luck

(Will's POV)

I helped carry Brendon after inviting him into the old house first, to the bedroom upstairs. Erelin just wandered around the house like she was lost in thought as Kayla went and found some rope to tie Brendon to the bed. I tied him up securely and went downstairs to find a stake and a crossbow. There were weapons here since Pete had ordered Nate to take Alex here when she became the slayer to train.

"What's this for?" Kayla asked as I handed her the crossbow once I had returned upstairs.

"Take it. You might need this to protect yourself." I said.

"No." She said handing it back.

"Kayla, I don't think your mother is in a position right now to protect both of you. It's just in case your dad happens to get loose and try to attack you." I said as she took it back.

"Are you going back to the hospital before it gets daylight?" Kayla asked.

"It's not that I don't want to but I have to. That monster, Dimitri, nearly killed Alex and I know when she wakes up she is going to be confused and scared especially when she starts asking where your brother is." I answered.

"I understand, She is my bestfriend remember?" Kayla said hugging me.

"Hey, watch it with that thing." I said referring to the crossbow.

"Practice makes perfect." She half smiled as I knew she was only kidding.

"I want you to yell for your mother if Brendon wakes. I am going to try and calm her some and talk to her before I go." I said heading into the other upstairs room and finding some clothes that belonged to Nate.

"Whoa." Kayla said as I hadn't realized she snuck in on me as I was changing. I turned around.

"I am trying to change." I grinned. I wanted to lighten the mood but I couldn't see how with all the chaos going on.

"I see that." She replied approaching me. Kayla wrapped her arms around me and shoved me against the wall.

"Kayla, your mother is downstairs you know." I said as she started kissing my neck and down my chest. I wasn't complaining but now just didn't seem like the right time for this.

"I know." She said reaching for my pants.

"Kayla, now isn't the time. I know you are just upset and everything and that's why you are doing this." I said pushing her away. She just stood in shock.

"Kayla, I love you and I am all for this if you are ready but now isn't the time. I respect you too much to do this to you." I said using my persuasion on Kayla. I hated doing this to her and I know she will start to complain of a headache later but I had to. "You have to protect you and your mom. I promise you that when all of this is over we will be hooking up more. Do you understand?" Kayla nodded her head and I kissed her forehead.

"Man, my head is killing me. I'm going to find some tylenol while you change." Kayla said snapping back to reality.

I finished getting ready and then found Erelin before I left. I tried to persuade her that everything was going to be alright. Because I hadn't bitten her I had to work extra hard for her not to fight me off. I just hope that somehow I got through to her that she needed to do the right thing for Brendon and thdat we would find Nate.

I grabbed a blood packet and left for the hospital. It was going to be a long day. When I arrived I found my sister had been moved to a room finally but she was all hooked up to monitors and such. Mom hugged me again as I sat in a chair pulled up next to Alex's bed.

"Your mom won't leave Alex's side. I keep trying to convince her to eat something in the cafeteria but she won't budge and I know she is hungry after waking up from a coma. Hon, you need to eat something." Dad said.

"I told you I am not hungry. Besides I want to be here when she wakes up. I don't want her thinking I abandoned her again." Mom replied. It went like that all day as the day progressed. Finally, I had enough of sitting around and went for a walk through the hospital halls as it got dark. I stopped when I felt a vampire presence down the hall from where I was standing. I followed it to an empty room.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded grabbing none other than Jace by the collar of his shirt.

"Hey, back off. Is that anyway to treat the man responsible for saving your sister's life?" He asked.

"You are not wanted here and you are no man." I spat shoving him away from me.

"Still don't trust me?" Jace asked finding a light in the room.

"Don't push it." I said clenching my fist.

"I have to see her." Jace replied.

"Not happening. You may have saved her life but that's it. I don't know what your motive or connection to Dimitri is but that's it. Go home before I kill you myself." I said angrily.

"Look, there is no motive and Dimitri thinks Alexandra is dead according to word on the street. I just want to see her for myself to make sure that she is ok." Jace responded. "Then I will leave."

"Why do you want to see her so badly. We are enemies remember?" I replied before pausing. "No, no way! You can't seriously be in love with her!" I said shocked before I starting laughing. "You can't love her; you have no soul." I shook my head. "Out!" I said shooing Jace out into the hall.

"Will, I saved her life. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Just do me this one favor and then I will go. I promise. You will never see or hear from me again." Jace pleaded.

"Fine." I said thinking about it. "I will give you ten minutes but only if I can get Dad to take Mom to eat. If I can't then you are screwed and better leave." I said knowing I would regret this.